Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
huggybear_2008

Where has oddie been?

huggybear_2008
15 years ago

Hey Oddie,

I have not seen you here for a while, and was just checking on you to make sure you are doing okay.???

Huggy

Comments (4)

• oddie
    15 years ago

Hi huggybear! thanks for asking about me, hubby has been on vacation and we are doing a different type of craft, building a garage! trying to get it done before cold weather hits, so much to do, just finished up football with my gs,had a small break and did a couple fall crafts, started a couple crafts for christmas, I will post photos if I ever get them done, cant seem to get in the crafting mood, have alot left over from last year, so I think why ? except I just love doing it.
    How are you doing? have you made any grave blankets this year, I will make a couple but not for selling, to much work and people seem to forget or wont buy, I kept hearing how beautiful they were and if they had money they would buy them, things are so rough for everyone now, worse then last year.
    soon the snow will be blowing and will seem like christmas is just next month!
    Happy crafting
    oddie

• huggybear_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I know what you mean about other things going on.. I too have been busy with grandson and school, we had a death in the family recently and so that took some time to heal and help others do the same.. going to her grave site made me think of my grave covers.. so I will soon get started on them. I made a cross for my grandson's grave site.. It turned out pretty good.. Oh I would love to see you new Garage, I am so impressed.. We sure could use one here.. than maybe son would give up one of his Pod type storage sheds for my stuff..LOL I am going to try and grow Lavender this spring.. there is a lady in Hillsboro where I am getting my buds and she sell plants and stuff and she said she would help me..No place close here to buy dried herbs and etc. maybe be something to think about for my future when I retire..LOL I have two boxes of tiles to try and make a table top like this one.. but I think I will wait until winter time for this project

Huggy

• oddie
    15 years ago

Looks like a beautiful project for the cold months ahead, you must show us some photos when you finish! I tried doing a mosaic table useing a beautiful paper bag I got somewhere, didnt turn out to bad but now I know I could do alot better job, if I can find a photo I will show you.
    We to had a death in the family, one of the reasons I havent been doing much all summer, and how we have had the money to build our garage, I feel so guilty spending the money that was left to us, have helped our children and gks ease things for them a little in these rough times! brought my mil a nice used car that she needed, after christmas it will all be gone then I can quite feeling so guilty!
    sorry to hear you also had a death in your family, I watched your video on the angel, Just Beautiful! made me cry so sad! dont know how anyone can cope with loseing a child.
    keep in touch
    oddie

• huggybear_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oddie, the young man in the angel slideshow is the twin of the young sweet baby who only lived 18 days.. So in a way I am the lucky one to a sweet young man to see all the time to let me know what his brother would have been like.. It is strange tho.. how twins can feel certain things that others do not feel even when there is only one twin.. but he is a wonderful boy and he loves to take pictures.. he entered the first photo in the slideshow in a contest and almost won.. he was only 14 at the time.. I wanted to show happyme the Christmas angel
    Huggy