Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Easy 'Snowball' ornament craft

Posted by edufrin (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 24, 08 at 11:26

This is a 'snowball' ornament that my mother-in-law gave me the idea for a few years back. Simply buy some clear glass ornaments (I found mine at Micheal's), white puffy paint, a thin white feather boa, and a hot glue gun. First decorate the bulb with the puffy paint, you could do any design but I found that it is really attractive to use dots or concentric circles coming from the bottom. After that is dried take off the bulb's metal cap and hot glue a 1-2 inch piece of the boa around the opening. Place cap back on to firm into place. These ornaments are cute alone but look very festive all over the tree for that extra pazazz.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Easy 'Snowball' ornament craft

Your very creative...Thank You...

o

That's really pretty! TFS!

o

Oh, that's a really pretty ornament. Great idea! Luvs

o

Very nice!!Looks great on the tree, like a high priced one!! Jan

o

Just Beautiful! looks so pretty on your tree, and looks simple enough to make.
TFS a very clever idea indeed
oddie

o

Oh, I think that is very pretty! I saved it as "foo foo" snowball! TFS!!!

o

I really like this idea and I have a hot pink and white feather boa that would be perfect to try this. Thanks so much for the neat idea.

o

Oh that's beautiful! I'll save this idea for next year. Thanks for posting it.

Phonegirl, I love your idea making it pink. Even gold glitter paint and a white boa. Ohh just think of all the possibilities!! Or glue sparkly rhinestones on the ball with the boa.... oh gosh!

o

Thank you all, I'm glad that you enjoy it and can see ways of making the idea your own. Very cute idea Phonegirl! Sunnyca it looks like a pricey ornament because it was originally seen on a very pricey tree in a department store. My MIL and I love looking around the stores and ripping off the ideas. =D Too easy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here