Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phish_gw

What Christmas Crafts are you making or finding at fairs this

phish_gw
10 years ago

year?

I'm always looking for fun new Christmas crafts ideas. I'd love to hear what you are making or seeing at craft fairs this year?

Comments (11)

• grandma_bonnie
    10 years ago

I am pretty much selling the same thing as I've sold in years past. I added a Santa Wreath made with tulle but I doubt if I'll do it again next year... It's crazy but my mainstay is still the microwave potato bags. They just keep selling - someone will get it as a gift and will return to me to buy more as gifts for their friends... At my show last week-end, there was someone elose selling the potato bags (made with polyester batting) - the manager of the show called them to my attention and asked if they were safe - had to tell her they are a fire hazard! She was told to pull them off the shelf! I sold over 50 of my bags... I also make microwave popcorn snowmen - I believe I've shown these before. I also sell the Wiener Wiener Washers as the 2013 Tacky Gift of the year..I keep selling the same items and they just keep buying them!

• tripletmom83
    10 years ago

I have become obsessed with deco mesh. This is my second project with it, but my first wreath. It is for my Mom.

• grandma_bonnie
    10 years ago

That is spectacular!

• tolebrush
    10 years ago

i am seeing alot of jewelry and fabric (aprons, towels, etc.) gifts plus alot of them are buying and selling made in China gifts trying to pass them off as homemade. Makes me mad that they think we can't tell the difference or don't also go to those sights. lol

• grandma_bonnie
    10 years ago

I wish there was an answer to this problem - I went to a small church where there were only 9 vendors but the church ladies made sure they were only hand made items being sold... I only made $575 for the two days but everyone was so nice and the atmosphere was wonderful. You might look for juried craft shows, but that doesn't always work when people lie about the things they sell. We have one gal at the Farmer's Msrket that buys manufactured items and adds a dot of paint and calls it her own...

• juellie1962
    10 years ago

grandma Bonnie - you (or someone) had a link to your snowman popcorn guys. I lost it. :( Do you still have a picture and maybe instructions somewhere? I made a couple of them about 3 years ago, would love to make some more!

• tridogdude
    10 years ago

Just finished making some copper roses for Christmas. Working on a few other and a giant sunflower.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

Oh my that wreath is beautiful!!
    Love the copper roses too.

• juellie1962
    10 years ago

those roses are beautiful! Are you a welder? My dh is and he does a lot of yard art type stuff!

• christopherh
    10 years ago

As a metalworker I can appreciate the work involved in the roses. Very nice.

One thing I did see more of this year was glass blocks. Not just drilled with some lights, but a wide array of ideas, designs, etc on the faces of them. Many were hand painted with opaque paints and had the lights filter through the background.

• amber2321
    10 years ago

Wow, that mesh wreath is absolutely beautiful!

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors