Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pegtn

Crafty use for covered buttons?

pegtn
13 years ago

I have a stash of vintage buttons I've found at yardsales, auctions, etc. While sorting through the buttons last night, I was setting aside the covered ones, not planning on using them. But after I took a second look at them, I thought they would be really cute as pushpins for cork board, or magnets. But they need some type of embellishment, and thats where my ideas end lol. What can I use to embellish fabric covered buttons?

Oh, there are also some huge buttons that had to have come off of a faux fur coat. They are black, and about 2 1/2 inches. I was thinking these would make a great pin, or even an ornament. Any ideas?

Comments (5)

• bulldinkie
    13 years ago

Bottle caps you can use too.lots of things work for that.cute idea

• TwoMonths
    13 years ago

use them for the middles of the 'yo yo' flowers and then glue to a big push pin. Or put them in frames or on dowels or wire in a pot.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

The covered buttons could have small glass beads, fabric paint could be used to make dots or heart(2 dots side by side & draw both down to bottom for a heart,sequins,small bits of broken jewelry,tiny sea shells, lace around edge? Weldbond is good glue as drys clear & holds well. The backs of the covered buttons might be a problem as the shank would stick out unless you cut it off. Sounds fun! Show us what you come up with! Jan

• pegtn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Great ideas everyone. Thank you so much.

• pattico_gw
    13 years ago

If any are velvet..you could stick a rhinestone in the center of it..