Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christine1950_gw

Christmas Village

christine1950
10 years ago

I received a few pieces last x-mas and I didnt do a really great job of setting it up. I'm itching it set it up now and I'd love to see some of yours and any advice you can give me.Anyone else starting to get the Christmas spirit yet? Thanks Christine

Comments (18)

• bulldinkie
    10 years ago

I never made them ,what are they made out of?Id love to find one like our house.My hubbys a builder...so what lol anyways yes my daughter and Iwere at the craft store yesterday.were making ornaments,a sign I made a wreath a snowman.I just love Christmas.I saw 2 movies already on hallmark channel.hope you get them done.

• christine1950
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Check out this site and you can see what I'm talking about. I've also started to watch the Christmas movies on Hallmark.....

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/christmas/msg1217244310777.html

• katclaws_mo
    10 years ago

here's a link

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas Village

• christine1950
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the direct link katclaws

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Hi. I am on the Holiday Forum and have a lot of inspiration albums for us set up on Photobucket. One is Christmas Villages, there are over 40 photos of them for ideas. Large set-ups to a single piece.
    Enjoy.
    Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas Villages

• christine1950
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Karen, I will be spending alot of time checking out all the villages. I will enjoy :>)
    Christine

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

You're welcome. I love photos and browse the web to add to the inspiration albums often. Many of the photos also come from our Holiday Forum gang. I use to hate their pictures dropping off a page after a time so decided to make albums we could enjoy any time. :o)

"Villages" is one of 6 sub albums on
    there, the main album page is all Christmas trees. Right now, 154 of them.

The six sub albums are
    Villages 43
    Mantels 47
    Misc ideas 212
    Nativities 8
    tabletops/centerpieces 96
    wreaths/garlands 50

I'm always happy to share photos and links. I use to craft often but haven't in years. I check this Forum occasionally and just happened to at the right time to see your post.
    Karen

• christine1950
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's my mini village, I've got a long way to go LOL... The villages that I've seen in your links are incredible and I will learn alot. Thanks again, Christine

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Christine, I'm so glad you're enjoying the albums. I love putting them together for people as well as looking thru them often myself. I never get tired of decorating photos and ideas. :o)

You are off to a wonderful start on your village! I REALLY like the way you've arranged the base and the buildings. I can't wait to see more!

Oh, did you notice how many people made 'smoke' come out of their chimneys with a tiny piece of the snow batting? I love that idea and never would have thought of it myself.

Because one of my kitties is a "brat cat", the last couple of years I've had to empty my huge china cabinet and set up my Village IN it. LOL. I'll show you some of the photos later after I hunt up the links in my own album. I like he can't knock stuff over but still would prefer it set up in the open.

Glad you posted over on Holidays, would love you to join us there.
    Karen

• christine1950
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Karen, it means alot to me coming from you. I saw the raised buildings in the pictures from your albums, and I did notice the smoke and it took me a few minutes to figure out how it was done :>) I am enjoying the holiday forum, I'm sure I will be learning more great ideas & tricks. See you over there.
    I know what you mean about the kitty's, they can find a way of getting into as much trouble as toddler. I'm afraid I wont be able to put up a tree this year due to the terror I adopted this year LOL.
    Christine

• christine1950
    Original Author
    10 years ago

There has been some construction going on at my village, big changes since 11-12, Thank you Karen for suggesting the holiday forum for me, I've learned alot and love finding the new pieces as I go along. I'm hoping Santa will bring me more stuff !!!!
    Christine

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Christine, your Village is really coming together nicely!
    Once you start buying all kinds of neat little accessories, you'll be totally hooked on this stuff. LeMaxx has an online site you can see lots of neat things too. I have always tried to pick up things from Michaels when the big sales hit, but boy....Village stuff goes FAST.

Here was my set-up in my big china cabinet where its "cat proof". LOL

• christine1950
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Karen, your village is awesome, I Love it. Just looking at my little village brings a smile to my face, I think mine will be up along time after the holidays are over. When do you take yours down?
    Christine

• Wade Boyette
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

For those of you who think they might like to do a really nice Christmas village, I have an inexpensive Kindle book on Amazon that details the creation of a Christmas village with model train layout. It contains some very useful information and techniques for anyone desiring to create a nice village, with or without trains, and is entitled "Building The Perfect Christmas Village Layout"..

http://www.amazon.com/Building-Perfect-Christmas-Village-Layout-ebook/dp/B00T8530PA/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1425274247&sr=1-1&keywords=building+the+perfect+christmas+village

• Wade Boyette
    9 years ago

A more grand view of my Christmas village....

• christine 5b
    9 years ago

It's beautiful, you put alot of work into building your village !!!!

• steiconi
    9 years ago

I got several "village" houses in a raffle last year. They're very poor quality, sloppily painted, and extremely cheap (the raffle ticket cost $1, and I got my value from other goodies in the lot). I'm thinking it might be fun to do something creative with them. Repainting, repurposing... something. Any suggestions?

• steiconi
    9 years ago

never mind, I found the perfect thing to do with them; donated to rummage sale.