Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Glue for Attaching Ribbon to Glass?

Posted by country_bumpkin_al (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 10:39

I've made a Glass Block for a friends birthday gift. I've tried using the Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue..and it's just not working.

Any idea what I can use that won't show/bleed through on the ribbon, but will be a permenant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Glue for Attaching Ribbon to Glass?

Al what about hot glue. Thank you for the hints on the glass block post. Good to see your still around...

o

Leveta..thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried hot glue in the past. It just won't "stick" to glass.

Did you know that Hobby Lobby has the pre-drilled glass blocks. AND..they also have the stands for them.

o

Yes I've seen them. I've wondered how they work? Have you tried any??

o

How about trying some of that redline double stick tape. Just tape it together under the bow so you won't have to see anything. Do you put bows on?

o
RE: Best Glue fdafor Attaching Ribbon to Glass?

Oh, Hi Bump! didn't even look to see who was posting! lol

o

Hey Kat! What you doing over here? lol

Well, I found some stuff at Hobby Lobby (in the glues/adhesives)called "Zips" and it seems to be working fine. There's 24' of it in the box.There's strips of adhesive down the center of the "tape".

Leveta..yes, I got one of the stands and I really like it! Regular $4.99, but I used the 40% off coupon!*S* I like that the bulb fits in the stand and you just sit the block over it. I also bought the little 7w light, instead of using the string of Christmas lights. I like that if the bulb burns out, it can be replaced really easy!

o

This is my favorite gluing site:

Here is a link that might be useful: This To That

o

Trudymom...thanks for that site. I had it saved on my other computer and had forgot all about it.

o

country_bumpkin_al, you are sooo welcome. I have used that site for years...

o

CB...when I made the glass eggs with the feathers...and glued the flowers, lace, pearl and ribbon...I used that GEII silicone glue...it worked good.

patti

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here