Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shaun_gw

Glass Ball Santas *pic*

shaun
15 years ago

Hi all, just sharing what I'm making this year for my family.

Glass Ball Santas! They're so cute. Hope the pictures do them justice.

Comments (16)

• justlinda
    15 years ago

They are just too darn cute. Thanks for showing them off.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    15 years ago

Oh my adorable. Would you share how you make them? Where do you find the glasses?
    Thanks.

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh Sorie6 you would ask that! hahah! I'm having a heck of a time finding more glasses. Michaels sometimes has them but right now they are out of them. May have to order more online.

I'll try to explain how to make them.

Supplies

Hot Glue Gun
    Glass Balls
    Red Felt
    Wiggly Eyes
    Red Balls for noses
    glasses
    Craft Boa
    wide (12mm) white pipe cleaners
    1" white pom poms

Cut felt to resemble a b-day hat. Hot glue edges together and then turn inside out. Looks like a dunce cap.

1. Glue pipe cleaner around base of hat; glue pom pom on tip of hat.

2. Glue Hat to Glass Ball (not too far down)

3. Glue Eyes on Ball

4. Glue Nose on Ball

5. Glue or push glasses (ends of frames) under the hat letting the lenses rest on nose.

6. Bend pipe cleaner into a V shape, glue the V part under nose then bend the ends up over cheeks and glue end to edge of hat. Cut off any extra little piece.

7. Glue boa just at the bottom of the pipe cleaner, going around his face up to the edge of hat.

8. Bend tip of hat over and glue to side.

Add little ornaments to front of cap.

Using ice pick, poke hole into top of hat and push thin ribbon thru then tie a knot. This is so you can hang it.

I think that's it.

Hope I explained it well enough! Good Luck!!

• huggybear_2008
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh these are soooooo cute.. you guys are so creative.. thanks for sharing this with all of us.. now I have to make some of these.. whew.. I am running out of time .. LOL I will be making these on New Years.. Oh well I can save them for next year..LOL

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

How sweet! And my grandson was across the room behind me and came running up saying " I know who that is! It's Santa!" hehe, he just loved them, and I do,too!

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Aw thanks everyone!

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Those are just precious. Those little glasses just make them extra cute. Wish I was on your Christmas gift list! Luvs

• amberscu
    15 years ago

Shaun- I have a craft blog and would love to put them on it with your permission! I would be sure to give you full credit for the project!
    Just let me know!!
    Amber

Here is a link that might be useful: redmommycrafts

• shaun
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Amber, I'd be delighted!

• amberscu
    15 years ago

The ornaments just went up!! Thanks so much for allowing me to post!!! I really love them!!!

• sorie6 zone 6b
    15 years ago

Thanks for the tutorial on them. I hope I can find the glasses. So cute.

• honeysuckleridge
    15 years ago

These are adorable!! Your so generous to share your directions!!

thank you,
    ginger

• oddie
    15 years ago

Sooo cute! dont know how I missed the post, TFS beautiful crafting!
    oddie

• the-light-lady
    15 years ago

Those are cute! Reminds me of the satin ball Rudolph ornaments I used to make for my son and our tree.
    If you can't find the glasses you could make them out of gold craft wire and cut out heavy clear plastic lenses from one of those very hard to open packages that you buy at the store. The kind that you have to use a knife or scissors to open. After you make the frames, cut out 2 circles of plastic just little bit larger that the opening for the lenses. Then from the back side of the glasses glue the plastic lenses in place with a dab of hot glue on each side and at the nose piece of the glasses. Your friends will be amazed that YOU made his glasses! Good luck!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Bump!

• bulldinkie
    12 years ago

Theres soooo muchg you can do with clear balls,fill em,paint them ,put paint inside swirl,my daughter & Imade raggedy ann& andy they were gorgeous.we filled clear with tan paint to start.