Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glass Blocks

Posted by leveta (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 11, 09 at 10:20

The pic's that people print out for the glass blocks, can anyone tell me what kind of paper to print them on so the light shines through...TIA...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glass Blocks

vellum paper

o

Thanks FLH6. Do you know if you can use mod podge to adhere it??

o

I use regular paper, adhere it to the glass block with Modge Podge and then put two coats of Modge Podge on top.

Josie

o

I've always used the full label sheets. Let dry then spray with a couple of coats of clear acrylic sealer. Then just cut out the picture, peel the backing off and stick to the block.
The 1st few I did, I printed on regular printer paper and was going to laminate then glue to the block. Just seemed like too many steps and it was pretty messy! lol

o

I used vellum for my first try and it smeared all over.
The ink didn't dry . After that - I just used regular printer paper . I sealed it with diluted white glue and the light shined through great.

o

I use matte photo paper and run it thru my xyron label maker with one side laminate the other side sticker. Just peel and stick nothing more to do. You can also use spray adhesive and a decent sealer (either matte or glossy) Really it's all in how you want to do it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here