Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
craft show report

Posted by danaoh (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 07 at 9:29

sold out of cake in a mug - had 14 @$5! Sold a few dang it dolls @$5 (church bazaar, hence the name), a couple of record bowls (a 78@$5 and a 45@$2.50), a few dog scarves @$4. Not a single felted wool sweater purse @$25 - and those are the best! Made $140, booth cost $40 (plus the $2 for the incredible brownies)- an ok day, but of course it was fun.

I put the prices in because I am always curious about what people are charging. Think I am low$ on dang it dolls, they are more work than the scarves or mugs. But at $5 they make a good gag gift.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: craft show report

Your prices are VERY reasonable !!! In my experience ,church bazaars were never profitable for me , people just wanted a place to walk around , visit and look. I think you did GREAT and the most important part - you had fun !!

o

toomuchglass - it is always a very fine line between priced to sell and underpriced. I think I am a little underpriced, but I want to get rid of my stock

o

I'm the same way ... I'm not making any money if my things sit home in a closet . There are people that insist they get what they think their craft is worth and will sit with their stuff forever. Then - on top of that - from hauling the stuff back and forth ,it loses it's "newness" . ( IMO )
Yep - I'd rather price to sell and constantly have nice ,new stock.

o

Good for you! Yep, you're right on the prices... Is that your last show of the season?

o

You didn't sell the purses because everything else was $5.00
After you rid yourself of the items you longer wish to carry, the purses will move as I believe they are priced just right.

We have always had a saying in this business: "Quick nickels are better than slow dimes". And we price our products accordingly. But a secret here is to establish your price and then lower yout COSTS. Thus increasing PROFIT.

o

good point christopherh

o

We're off today to set up at another 3 day show in Troy, NY near Albany. But it's only 60 miles away so it's a "commuting" show. No hotel!
This is with a major nationwide promoter (Country Folk Art) and has always been profitable, so here's hoping.

Chris

o

Good luck with your show Chris! Let us know how you do.

o

my daughter took the purses to work. Before lunch she sold 3! and she hadn't even put them out in the lunch room. People just wanted to know what was in her big bag at her desk. guess I just had the wrong crowd at the shows.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here