Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Ideas...PLEASE

Posted by qtiemom (qtmom15@hotmail.com) on
Thu, Nov 15, 07 at 9:23

Ok...here goes another idea my tiny little brain has.....lol

I want to sell little craft sets for kids.
All the material in a bag but of course, I want them to be cheap and easy...lol

Let's see how many ideas we can come up with.....
Please Please Please!
Thank You Thank You Thank You!

Marci

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Ideas...PLEASE

I made craft kits for kids last year, and the good news is I sold every one of the 500 kits I put together. Would I do it again? Probably not on that grand a scale, by the time I got the last pieces bagged and tagged I was ready to quit crafting permanently.
But they were very popular. If I did it again I would look for crafts that have fewer pieces in the kit. I bought pretty much everything I needed from Oriental Trading, who do have a website. Sold the smaller kits for $5 up to $10 for bigger projects which were door hangings and advent calendars.
Any craft that a child can do can be made into a kit, some of the dollar stores around here are selling them in kits these days I noticed, I never included glue with my kits, just all the pieces that go together and clear instructions.
Suzan J

o

My kids like to make beaded icicles, clothespin deer and a lot of other things that they can just glue together and paint. I would suggest doing a search for kid's Christmas and see what you could fit into a small bag. I would think things like the popsicle stars or snowflakes where you could just glue the popsicle sticks together and cover with glitter or sequins and paint would work. You might find some inexpensive paints like the little watercolors that you send for elementary students. You could cut that one out and add that and an inexpensive paint brush to the bag. Find some other small wooden cutouts for the other paint colors and add that and glitter glue or sequins to the bag.

Here's a previous post I had with the explanation of icicles. Scroll down to my second post on the page. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/crafts/msg0900265721591.html

Also, I'd have one of each made up to show the kids what they are buying.

Here is a link that might be useful: Popsicle ornament.

o

Thank you so much Ladies. As always, you all are so brilliant.....
Ok...sjarz...are you willing to share the kits that you had and maybe what you put in them? just as an idea. I promise not to copy!...lol
Thanks again lades

Marci

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here