Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fusible Web and Christmas Fabric

Posted by mjowest (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 9, 08 at 9:13

I don't know why, but maybe the cutting soothes me... I love to attach fusible web to cute Christmas fabric and cut them out.

I attach them to my Christmas cards, but I don't think I'll be having this many cards this year!

My nine year old daughter and I will be doing a craft show on December 6, and I'm trying to find cute, easy things for her to make and sell.

Other than the obvious, cards and gift bags, does anyone have any suggestions on what to iron these onto?

I love coming here and reading what you all are up to. I wish I could participate more, but until I convince Charter to hook us up for high speed internet, I'm so limited!! :)

mj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fusible Web and Christmas Fabric

You might want to make puppets with a wooden dial cut to about 12 " a styro ball and a tube sock.. we made these one year and sold at a craft show.. they were a big hit..inexpensive to make.. you add google eyes and pom-pom nose and paint on mouth or make it out of felt. we also added some hats, hair and bow ties for the guys.. and beads for the girls.. you put your hand up the sock and move the stick to the left and right and it is a puppet,. we got real crazy and added feathers to he head to make them look funny.. I wish I had one left to show you.. but they were cheap to make and you and use all kinds of stuff you have around the house.. Okay that's my share .. lets all pitch in and help out.. better yet, check out this web site and you could use your fusible web and some socks and felt..
http://www.daniellesplace.com/HTML/puppets.html
Huggy

o

How about sweatshirts and t-shirts or hats...iron the fusible web to the backs of some rick rack and ribbon to go around the edges to add just a little more pizazz...my kids and I did this with halloween fabric one year...it was easy so they could do it and it was fun for all of us. Good luck with the projects and sales...have fun.

o

Maybe make some scented pot holders. You could iron the cut-outs onto fabric. Cut out 2 squares of fabric and 2 squares of batting. Sprinkle cinnamon in between the batting. Layer the 2 squares of fabric right sides together, with 2 layers of batting and cinnamon, and sew 3 edges together.Turn right side out and fold top edge down about 1/4" and sew shut.

o

I made a fall wreath one year fusing fabric and cutting out in leaf shapes it looked very nice. Maybe a garland of some shapes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here