Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
craftylady_2006

painted window-door screens - updated

craftylady-2006
17 years ago

Hi to all,

I was just visiting this site and saw there is an "on-line" class for painting window-door screens.

Here is the link - cut and paste if needed.

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1004031632/m/7201065582

Sal

Comments (5)

• mojojojogrlnj
    17 years ago

omg thanks......my next trash hot thing lol..... not that i dont have enough i want to do lmao....but nice idea for xmas presents:)thanks crafty!

• sweets98
    17 years ago

Painting screens are fun! I did this one this past summer. I actually painted the frame blue after I took the picture and this screen hung on the side of the shed this summer.

I also have two Americana flag screens...one on the porch and one in our bathroom. Those are made out of the expandable screens.

They make cheap wall decor and are really pretty simple to make! I used regular old craft paint and just went to town. Try not to get too much paint on your brush or you get a lot of holes filled with paint. It's best if you don't let the paint filling the holes bother you too much, though. If you're looking for perfection, you'll just end up frustrated!

Hope the class is a good one!

Here is a link that might be useful: Painted screen

• gw:craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Sweets, your painted quilt screen is awesome. You did one heck of a great job on that project. The flag screens are fantastic also.

Mojo - good luck on checking on the site and finding what you want. Post those pics of the screens when you're done.

Sal

• lharrisn
    15 years ago

Hi there,
    I couldn't get the "hgtv..." link to work. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Lharrisn

• iowagirl2006
    15 years ago

Lharrisn,

Unfortunatlly - the link is two years old and has probably dropped off the HGTV site.