Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ribbon storage

Posted by lsjtc (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 12, 08 at 8:34

Don't know if this is the right place for this post or not, but here goes. I saw a picture once of someone who used some sort of over the door rack of some sort to store ribbon on and it was really neat and a great space saver. As usual,I did not print out the picture and do not remember where I saw it. If anyone has any ideas, they would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ribbon storage

I have a bunch of ribbon left over my making rainbow/bead stuff. I have it in a rubbermaid box (clear) by color filed on the edges. I have seen various ways to put ribbons in boxes, pull the ribbon out etc, but to me it is messey.
Of course my ribbons are all 1/8 wide. Wider ones would be more room. Could you google ribbon racks over door???

o

This sounds like a great idea, I'm going to try it. I have way too much ribbon in a good size wooden box and it's way too messy. Any more and I'll have to dump it out to look at all of it. I was thinking how I could attach dowel sticks between the two sides. Any suggestions? Maybe I could just make the dowel cut just a tish bit more than the length of the space between the sides and jam it in there when I get the ribbon on the dowel. Sounds good to me, why make it hard right!!! As long as I could get it off when I need to remove spools or put more on. LOL Drilling holes on the sides is not an option, I think this box is an antique. It's old and fantastic looking and hasdove-tailed interwoven ends. It was given to me. I don't want to ruin it. It's perfect for the ribbon, keeps it all together.

Mariend - do you have slits cut in the sides of the plastic containers to pull the ribbon out?

Sal

o

I have what I think is a gun rack or maybe fishing pole rack & I put ribbons on it using size dowel that fits hole in ribbon, Most of mine are 3/8 in. up. I got the dowels at ts,don't know what they were for. It hangs on wall & I can pull down what I need or remove dowel & take off the ones I need. It holds quite a few. Would depend on size of rack. Mine is about30 in. long & has 4-5 dowels. Not enough but if I did a lot of crafting with ribbons would get a bigger 1.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here