Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picnic Basket

Posted by oddie (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 07 at 7:43

I have saved this old basket for awhile, started out the normal brown shade painted it silver did a crackle with white top coat, so it looked weathered, couldnt get a good picture, the flowers are real pretty with silver glitter dusting them,I dipped the candle stick in wax kept doing it till I liked how the wax ran down the side so its also scented a little, the bow is a soft ribbon with silver snowflakes!
so what do you all think, kinda big, but would be cute setting by a fireplace.
Happy Crafting
oddie

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picnic Basket

Very pretty. I love this time of year, everyone's ideas on decorating inspires me to get up and get a few things done. I have a picnic basket I need to do something with, maybe I will try something like this. Thanks, Oddie.

o

Beautiful, beautiful!!! You keep coming up with the most amazing things. I collect picnic baskets and never even thought to use them for Christmas. You are an inspiration!

o

Thank you! always love being a inspiration! had thought frist of doing a fall arangment, but never found the right flowers, you could also set a small tree in one, some gifts around it, fill with scented pincones and a pretty bow, I am sure you will come up with lots of ideas!
Happy Crafting
oddie

o

Your basket looks really pretty Oddie. Luvs

o

It's got a nice bit of sparkle to it. And I like that it's in white-- looks very fresh!
--Jenn

o

Pretty! Pretty! That would be a great idea for centerpieces for a wedding.

o

Thank you! luvs, jenn and tuscararoramaiden, I have always liked the softness of white and silver together! should have put it in the post with the photo, but was wondering if you all thought it needed something? please dont be afaird to give me pointers, or your ideas! Iam always learning, and am soo open to suggestions!
Thanks agine
oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here