Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chery2

Wonder Under?

chery2
18 years ago

First of all, what is it? Next, is the "free" craft patterns site selling it to make money? chery2

Comments (6)

• GardenGirl_IA
    18 years ago

WonderUnder is a paper backed fusible web product. I use it often. You can use it in sewing projects, even paper projects.

When I make a wool stitchery - I trace the pattern pieces onto WonderUnder (reverse the pattern) then roughly cut out the piece and iron it to the wrong side of the fabric. Cut out the piece you need and peel off the paper and iron it onto the main piece. Then I stitch the pieces on. It holds them in place.
    I have used it to make decorated sweatshirts. You iron all your fabric piece's on using it. I still sew the pieces down.

Great stuff - I use it often

• pattico_gw
    18 years ago

I use it all the time. If you check my post called "a craft project I made last christmas" or something close to that.
    That's what I used to fuse the ornaments on with.

Sometimes I iron it on the back of scraps...then when I want to decorate a gift bag I get out my scraps and cut out whatever design I want and iron it on the gift bag.

Good stuff...Or in the words of Martha...hehe..it's a good thing.

patti

• barb_from_pa
    18 years ago

"Wonder Under - Regular weight paper-backed fusible web for use on medium to lightweight fabrics. Wonder Under is a fusible adhesive which is applied to a release paper. Wonder Under bonds fabric to fabric, or any porous surface, including wood and cardboard. It is faster and easier to use than glue. Machine washable or dry cleanable.

Machine stitchable
    Fuses easily in seconds
    Fabric maintains a soft textile hand after fusing
    Great for apparel, home decor and craft projects"

It's really handy stuff. You can get it at any fabric store or the fabric dept. at Wal-Mart.

• chery2
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, everybody. I don't know how I've lived so long and not heard of this miracle stuff!
    I think I've posted the following question before, but I'm going to try again:
    I want to make a pattern from my mother's Wise Men wall-hangings, but they're made of felt pieces glued to each other, and when I tried to separate them, they tore. I want to keep the originals intact, so if I had to ruin them to make the pattern, I wouldn't do it.
    Someone at JoAnn's said to put parchment paper over them and outline them, but I don't know what she really meant. Parchment paper is pretty thick, if it's the same kind I use for lining cookie sheets. Is there another kind?
    Does anyone have a better idea? chery2

• pattico_gw
    18 years ago

Scan it and print it out then cut it out.

If it's too big for the scanner then scan sections of it .

patti

• GardenGirl_IA
    18 years ago

I was going to suggest exactly what Patti said. Just work it around in your scanner until you have it all copied.

If you are scanner challenged - take it to a copy place or library and photo copy it. You can cut your patterns out from that paper or trace it from them.

Good luck!

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer