Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Button Snowman Pin

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 27, 08 at 6:38

A quickie craft for almost any age, and will make a nice gift for a child to give. Use larger buttons than I did!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Button Snowman Pin

That is so adorable! Too small or not, it still looks very creative and nice.

o

That is cute - I love the hat you made :)

I made something kind of simlar a few years ago, but I must have given them all way. I can't find one to take a picture of.

I used 3 old shell buttons (they were cut from clam shells back in the day). Small, Medium, Large. The small one had just two holes punched in it. I used one stitch of orange floss through the holes to make the nose. I dotted the eyes with a small dab of black enamel paint on a toothpick. Same for the mouth.

I would glue them to a biscuit. A biscuit is an almond shaped flat piece of wood they use to join boards together in woodworking.

I overlapped them slightly - with top button over the medium, and the medium slightly over the bottom one.

I glued them down with E6000. When it was dry, I tied a couple strands of floss around the neck for the scarf and glued a pin back on the the back side of the biscuit.

They were cute and easy - but I love the hat on yours!!

o

Thanks ya'll!
I glued mine straight to the pin backing. And I used embroidery floss as the scarf, and decoration on the top hat. The top hat is cut from fun foam.
It'd be better glued to something before being glued to the pin :D
Kudzu

o

I thought it was very cute the way it is. Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here