Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzukween

Easy Snowman Craft-from cosmetic rounds

kudzukween
15 years ago

I thought I'd posted this here but I don't see it. This is a nice easy craft, even if it does make your hands sticky! Take some of those white cotton cosmetic rounds, like you remove makeup with.

Lay out a piece of waxed paper on a cookie sheet. I made 12 with 1 tablespoon cheap school glue and a little water. Mix up in a small bowl.( I save sour cream or butter tubs for projects like this)Get them fully saturated and squeeze out excess, and smooth and reshape them out onto the waxed paper.You can add blush at this point or wait til they dry. While still damp,sprinkle on some white glitter. Set oven to low(200*) and place cookie sheet in for about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them. You could let dry overnight if you wish. Now decorate them with eyes, a nose and a mouth. I used sequins on some, and cloves on others. I glued a silver pipe cleaner around the edge, and used pink tulle as a scarf on one. On the other is half a baby sock, cut off and the top sewn to look like a cap. I want to find something plaid for a scarf, but haven't found the right things yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog