Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a suggestion

Posted by dian57 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 07 at 5:33

I fell in love with these 3D stars done on a Carol Duval show years ago:
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_occasions/article/0,1789,HGTV_3268_1393089,00.html

My BIL made me one from luan last year when my grandson was born. My idea is to have Benjamin decorate one star point each year until all 24 are completed. I originally thought I'd put it at the top of my Christmas tree but it's too heavy for that and I have it sitting on a mirror tile on a table for display.

Last year Ben was only 7 months old so I painted one star point white and made his footprint in green paint and several thumbprints in red.

He's now 19 months old and I'm wondering what to do for this year's point decoration. He doesn't have the fine motor coordination yet to color.

Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a suggestion

how big are these stars - I am picturing the stars made out of paper strips, but I'm sure that's not it...

o

Oh, those are nice and I like your idea very much. I'm just not patient enough to wait 24 years for anything, personally!

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's a clickable link...

o
RE: Need a suggestionXXX

Oh, a suggestion.... lol

How about decoupaging a small photo of him onto one? Or a collage of photos. Or use pretty paper on it that looks like something a 1.5 year old would like.

o

The stars are 10" from point to point. Each star diamond is 7 x 3.5 at its widest point.

A friend suggested fingerpaints. What do you think?

Dianne

o

Will fingerpaint stand the test of time? I don't know - just wondering.

o

My only experience with fingerpaints stretches back to my kindergarden days and my 74 year old mom doesn't have them on her fridge anymore. Hmmm, I wonder if she doesn't love me anymore . . .

Just kidding! Interesting thought on sustainablility. I'd hate to have this year's point fade into obscurity before the whole project was done.

Maybe fingerpaint with craft paints?

Dianne (considering the MESS that's coming)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here