Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two little questions

Posted by oceanna (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 28, 07 at 5:20

I asked this on the decorating forum but thought you might have some good answers over here.

1. How do you keep candles sticking upright in a candle holder, not flopping or falling?

2. How do you glue back together a broken resin figurine? I tried tacky glue, superglue and hot glue gun and none of that even thought about sticking.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two little questions

If you use a lighter and melt a bit of the bottom of the candle and then stick it back in the candleholder before it hardens, that usually does the trick! I learned that when I was quite young from my Mom :) Another thing I have tried a time or two when I didn't have anything around to melt the candle is to take a bit of a tissue or toilet paper and wrap it around the part that goes in the candle stick.

I don't know what to tell you about the glue thing. I have always used super glue and it's worked. Maybe you're using too much or not enough or just not letting it set long enough?

o

Try E-6000, you can get it at Wally. I have never had much luck with super glue but the E-6000 has always worked well.

o

This site might be helpful for your glue question:

http://www.thistothat.com/cgi-bin/glue.cgi?lang=en&this=This&that=That

Luvs

o

Thanks, Sweets. Superglue sure didn't work on this resin -- tried to glue my fingers together, though. Your candle trick worked after I pared my taper down slightly at the bottom with a knife.

Ingeorgia, thanks, I'll look for that.

Luvs, thanks that link is really cool, but it doesn't have resin.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here