Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
evelyn_craftdiva

My 1st Painted Glass Block

evelyn_craftdiva
16 years ago

Here's my first ever painted block that I promised to post.

Comments (17)

• williamsburgjane
    16 years ago

Wow! You really did a good job with your glass block.

• kudzukween
    16 years ago

OOh, that's beautiful! I wish I could paint like that!

• oddie
    16 years ago

Just Beautiful! what a wonderful painter you are! Love the cute little face, looks like hes enjoying a beautiful day of winter weather, soooo cute!
    oddie

• dianecrafts
    16 years ago

Great job on that block. He is soooo darn cute. Now do you mind sharing how to paint on the blocks? Prep, type of paint, etc. Any tips and "secrets"? Thanks for any thing you can share. I've been so wanting to paint on one of these blocks. As a matter of fact I started to paint on one. I sprayed it with Krylon matt and drew out my design, but ended up with a mess and took my razor blade and scraped all the paint and Krylon off now it's sitting here waiting for some hints so it can become a "beautiful painted block" just like yours (well not "just" but you get the idea).

Diane

• anjabee
    16 years ago

I'm going to paint some up for my SIL's for Christmas, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Love the way yours turned out. How does it look at night. Does the light still shine thru the painted side well so you can see the picture? ~Anj

• Posie
    16 years ago

Fantastic.........beautiful......lovely !

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Evelyn, I love your block. What a cute design and you did a wonderful job of painting it! Yes, please tell us all the details for painting on them. Luvs

• tiki222
    16 years ago

Your block is really pretty. I love painting on them but it has been a while. Seeing yours has made me want to do another. It will definitly be after Christmas tho.

• sjarz
    16 years ago

Wow, I really love it, Evelyn! Feel free to send it to...ahh just kidding...
    I sure would like to know more about how to do this, too. And did you have to drill a hole for the lights, and how did you do that? And where did you buy the block and how much was it, and if you were going to sell it how much would you sell it for and....LOL
    Please tell allllll...
    Suzan J

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

oh it's so beautiful!! WOnderful job!!

ginger

• barb_from_pa
    16 years ago

I sure wish I had painting skills! That is just wonderful! Pat yourself on the back for me!

• skyrider
    16 years ago

That is absolutely adorable! I gotta get a drill press for hubby for Christmas!

• grandma_bonnie
    16 years ago

simply sweet. You did good, sweetie.

• evelyn_craftdiva
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the compliments, really appreciate them.

Kudzukween, If I can do it anyone can. The only reason why
    it turned out good is cause I did it step by step as a
    teacher instructed us. This was only my fourth painting class ever.

Diane, Luvs, Anj, Susan, I will post paint procedures and tips
    later. Don't have too much time right. We got our first big
    snow storm and I gotta go out now and shovel. Catch ya later.

• dianecrafts
    16 years ago

Evelyn, you are very talented...don't give the credit to following your teachers instructions YOU did the work and it is very nice. Only four classes and look what you are already doing.

Hope you are all shoveled out....really dislike winter...someone remind me why I moved from NW FL to the Northeast????? We are supposed to get some snow tonight and tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Whenever you have time to post those paint procedures and tips it will be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Diane

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

This is just the cutest!! You definitely have a gift for painting - the teacher can teach but you have to have the ability to apply what she is teaching and you did a great job. Do they light up?

Diane, I hate winter also, that is why I stayed in NW Florida. Temps yesterday (75 degrees) required the air conditioning. But tonight it will get to 38-40 degrees and that is freezing to me.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Evelyn, when you get time, I hope you will also post your block over on the Painting forum gallery so it will be there to inspire other painters.

Listen to Painting Fool, she knows because she teaches lots of classes--you listened to the teachers directions, but you still did the painting. I'm sure you have a natural talent for it! ;o)

Painting Fool, we are the same here in So. California--in the upper 70's during the day but low 60's at night. And we finally got a nice rain that was so needed--we are so far behind on rainfall this year.

Luvs