Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sharon620

Centerpeice suggestions for a baby shower....

sharon620
17 years ago

Hello

I am looking to see if anyone has any ideas on centerpeices for my neices baby shower. We are going with pastels, mostly pink and blue and we have 6 tables to decorate.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Sharon

Comments (6)

• Vicki Pidgeon
    17 years ago

Have you thought of a diaper cake? They are simple to make and the diapers come in real handy!

• jade2
    17 years ago

What I recently did was take 3 empty straight sided baby bottles, fill with the fake snow, insert some long stemmed gerber daisies, and tied them together with some narrow ribbon after scotch taping them. They worked great!!

• rocki317
    17 years ago

You could look in thrift stores or yard sales for those ceramic baby plant holders that everyone gets with flowers in the hospital (the old ones look great) and either put a plant and some balloons or tape some balloons in the bottom and fill with candy or something.

• frances_ar
    17 years ago

Or...... find a doll cradle or stroller, etc and do an arraingement in it, adding baby bottles, (as well as bottle brushes) lotions, etc to the flowers and ribbons.

• surfergal
    17 years ago

I just did a diaper cake - it was so easy and turned out great. got a large round plastic platter, used double stick foam tape to tape a flattened styro ball to the center. rolled up diapers with rubber bands and stacked them around the styrofoam, and then tied a ribbon around to cover the rubber bands and fasten the first row together. I stuck 4 wooden skewers in the styro, then attached 3 or four rolled diapers to the skewers by slipping thru the rubber bands. then filled in the remainder of the second layer. this secured the second layer to the first. I tied a ribbon around again to hold the layer together. I used 3 bibs with cute sayings and covered the sides(1/3 each) of the first layer, tucking in top and bottom of the bib. I tucked small toys and gadgets all over under the ribbon, and bought multi packs of baby socks and made roses. I used paper covered wire from garbage bags to wrap around the bottom of the sock roses, leaving a long piece of wire. I tucked the wire between the diaper rolls on the top of each layer to secure the roses to the cake. I found a cute small coordinating bear to put on the top of the cake. I wedged him between the 4 skewers that stood up about a 1/2 inch on top of the cake and wound curling ribbon around the bear and skewers to hold him in place, letting some curled ribbon trail over the sides I used the sock roses to camo the skewers. I cut paper doilys in half and tucked them under the cake to hide the plate that showed. roll up the diapers while watching tv one night. roll up and wire the baby socks the next nite. stack and tie and tuck the next day. really fast and easy and fun!

• le_chef
    15 years ago

Hi everyone.

I just noticed that all post here are very old, from fall 2006.

I wonder why...

Nevertheless: here are som advice on how to make a beautiful diaper cake in 23 mins. or less.

:O)

/
    Yours truly, le_Chef

Here is a link that might be useful: Diaper Cakes.tk

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro