Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
free pincushion patterns....lots of cute ones

Posted by pattico (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 2, 09 at 20:54

There are 60 of them...

I thought I posted this here about an hour ago....but can't find it anywhere.

so I'm trying again...

Some of them take felted wool...I bought some wool sweaters today at the Goodwill and washed them in hot water to felt them...I got a rusty red one , an olive green vest, and an off white sweater. I've already washed the colored ones...the olive green one worked but the redish one didn't...

Have any of you tried this before? I made sure the sweaters were at least 90% wool....Do I need to maybe boil water for them?

patti

Here is a link that might be useful: pin cushions

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: free pincushion patterns....lots of cute ones

WOW!!! Amazing patterns and tutorials - LOVE the combination pincushion and thread catcher. Thanks for the share!

o

What fun, thanks for posting.
kathy

o

I understand that you need to wash the sweaters in really super hot water. Maybe do an Internet search and you'll find the answers. Good luck!

o

I'm wondering if instead of sweaters...how about using wool fabric...like skirts from thrift store...

Does that work..anyone know?

patti

o

i've seen the cutest things made from felted wool. i didn't even know what it was for the longest time! look on etsy :D
i can't find wool anything down here, but i keep looking at the thrift stores, and maybe one day....thanks for the pincushions links, i am in need of some new ideas!
cherry/kudzu

o

Thank you for positing about the pin cushions. I appreciate it very much. New to the forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here