Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leveta

Gift Baskets

leveta
15 years ago

I don't know if this is the right site for this, but does anyone know where to go to get ideals for different things for gift baskets? Thanks...

Comments (7)

• Adella Bedella
    15 years ago

Have you tried googling "gift basket ideas". There are tons of ideas there. If you need a pictures, just click on images after you do your search.

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

This is one I've used for years, from http://www.thatsmyhome.com/general/soup-mix.htm
    It's called Dreaming of A White Christmas soup mix.
    In the baskets I give, I make a rectangle rice bag you heat in the microwave for aches and pains. If you make it as a 'get-well' package, add kleenex and cold medicine. If it's for Christmas, add fancy crackers and some homemade candy or cookies. It can be made with a can of diced chicken that you include, or tell them to use some of their leftover turkey.
    Another one I make is for a woman, a bath set. You can print out the envelopes and make up some milk bath, all from the same site.
    http://www.allfreecrafts.com/homemade-gifts/oatmeal-milk-bath.shtml
    this is a wonderful milk bath that I use all the time. I add lavender, because I grow it, but it's inexpensive. I also made soap and bath fizzies to go with it. If you knit or crochet, make wash cloths to add to it. Or buy those scrunchy bath thingies, they're like 3 or 4 for a dollar at the dollar stores.
    Both these are good ideas.
    I buy baskets at yard sales all the time for these. And I buy tulle on clearance or yard sales as basket filler.I have made mosaic trays or pretty floral plates to give the bath things on.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

• leveta
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all suggestions. THey are most welcome...

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Garden Basket- pretty gloves, tools from Dollar store(hoe, rake,little shovel)seeds for spring, Miracle Gro push in fertilizer stakes- about 1 1/2 in long- push in plants-at (99cent stores) packet of bulbs- small garden plaque, that is cheap version, can get more expensive with nicer hand tools,Miracle Gro in box, nicer bulbs from nursery,etc. cheap version $7-10 expensive- much more! New baby- get sample size items ,washcloth,rattle, packing is important. Baby stuff might be placed in basket lined with receiving blanket, garden basket-lined with green grass like stuff that fresh fruit is shipped to people for xmas like Easter grass but wider & no shine or you could shred brown paper bags. Don't invest too much or might not sell in these hard times. Garden basket could be just tools, gloves in medium size, pack of seeds. That would be less than $5 at a dollar store. Could package just gloves & 2 packets seeds with small plaque about gardening that would be $4 & wrap with clear wrap with twine to hold it together no basket. Call them "Starter kit" "Spring bulb kit" "Bundle of Joy basket"etc. Good Luck!!

• leveta
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks sunnyca, alot of good ideals. You know, trying to put the right things together isn't as easy as it seems....

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Leveta, Don't get to carried away with gift baskets, reason is most are expensive & you can't make enough on them plus they take up lot of room. So just try baby & gardening ones & see how it goes. Some areas seem to do well with baskets, others don't. I had the grand idea of putting a kitchen assortment together for gal getting married at church. Well, a KitchenAid spoon is about $5 so by time I got spadula too, 9x13 pan,bread pan, cookie sheet, wooden spoons, pot holders & kitchen towel, all in her colors, I had racked up $40 & didn't look like much so I went home & copied some receipes for each pan I had bought, put them in the plastic sleeves,punched hole in corner & tied with pretty ribbon. She was very pleased with receipes as I had often done that before & she mentioned her mom uses all my receipes. So putting together a little kitchen basket was not so cheap & I went to 3 stores to get the stuff & got everything on sale or would have been more. So figure time running around too. Jan

• leveta
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sunnyca believe me, I'm not into spending alot for things. I just would like to make a few nice little baskets. I'm thinking about having a fall day at my shop before holloween. Then I may go ahead and close for the season. I have sold alot of the handmade crafts. Done real good on the pumpkins and such. But then I may wait till next yr. Thanks so much for your bits of wisdom. That means alot.

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm