Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Decoupoge

Posted by mjowest (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 4, 09 at 20:46

Does anyone here decoupoge with old children's books?

I need just ONE photo to get me going! All these instructions are on line, just NO photos!!!

I'm a visual person, and I just can't seem to get past, Ready, set...

I've got ideas, plans, but can't get past the first step of tearing up the book!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Decoupoge

thats funny that you write this. I just got a children's book at the dump a week or so ago with the cutest pictures, thinking I could decoupage with it. Haven't done it yet though. I have decoupaged a lot. I'm not clear on what is holding you up. What do you need a pic of?
kathy

o

A finished project- do you cut the edges or tear? How much do you overlap? How much of the print do you really want to be able to read? How much do you want the photos to match- same book, same story, or theme? What to decopouge!??

o

I cut out images and arrange them on a background. But lots of people do more of a collage. They overlap and tear. Torn edges are softer, just experiment which direction as you get different results. (meaning the front or the back shows depending on how you tear) I checked my old bookmarks and they are gone :( Just play around with it until you find something pleasing to you. Sometimes, especially if I'm painting a background, it looks terribly ugly, but I keep at it and sometimes the worst beginnings have the best endings. If you are going to make multiple layers you probably should let it dry between layers.
Good luck,
kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: decoupage images

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here