Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halloween Projects To Share?

Posted by moonwolf (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 5, 11 at 20:08

Hi everyone,

I just finished the one part of my Halloween costume today and I wanted to share some pictures I took of it this evening. My main costume I have yet to get started on but, hopefully that will begin this weekend!!!!

Oh if you are a fan of this musical, I hope you enjoy viewing it as I did making it!

The Front With The Strap (crocheted and stapled to the box)
Front Of Refreshment Tray and Strap 10/5/11

Closeup Of The Front
Refreshment Tray Closeup 10/5/11

Left Side
Left Side Of Tray 10/5/11

Right Side
Right Side of Tray 10/5/11

This was a very simple project. The strap took the longest to make (two or three days). The letters are foam stickers from the Dollar Tree and the "dripping blood" effect is just red glitter glue and addtional red glitter. The box is wrapped in gold wrapping paper and stapled to the box.

I appreciate all comments and suggestions!!! Enjoy!!!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halloween Projects To Share?

My you are having fun. So the tray is done what about the costume? Any luck finding an appropriate jacket?

I would like to make a skull wreath for the door but havent gotten around to it yet. I've got to drag my eyeball flowers out of storage. Its so windy on our front porch this time of year that I get discouraged with decorating for Halloween.

I want to use some larger eyeballs this year if I can find them. I'll try to post pics tomorrow, if I get the stuff out today.

Kathy

o

A few years ago I wanted to make an eyeball tree. This was before you could find them everywhere. I used catfood can lids and my daughter and I painted eyeballs on them.

For large round ones you could buy larger size white balls or styrofoam ones and paint your own.

Betty

o

Today I found a glittered top hat, white gloves (not elbow length like I wanted but they'll do), a suit jacket (blue with three gold cuff buttons) and a wig (it's the right color and size but the hair itself needs to be curled a little more and I cannot find the right kind downtown.)

All that I need to get yet are some rhinestones and the gold ribbon/trim and I'll be done!!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here