Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A popular thing at the fair

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 20, 07 at 19:54

I haven't seen these before - I bought one - I think it's adorable ! It's an apron to cover your dish detergent bottle .

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A popular thing at the fair

Ahh! Those are coming around again are they? We used to make them many years ago--like maybe 15 to 20. They are very cute and you can use any fabric. Luvs

o

Yep...I had one at least 20 years ago...BUT...aprons in general are making a sort of come back.

Even I now have one...and I love it.

It stops the grease that splatters when cooking from ruining my kit tops.

patti

o

Jenni sent me one of those about 2 years ago, made out of flamingo fabric. SO CUTE!

o

Figures ... old things that come around again ! Well .. it was "new to me" :)

o

I have one of these, I like it. Thanks for sharing.

o

That's okay, maybe some of us are just older than you! LOL And you are right, things do seem to recycle around. Now I will be watching for padded picture albums and picture frames again--anyone else make tons of those years ago? Luvs

o

Yep, my g-ma had one. Funny how things come back like that. I like them. ~Anj

o

When I spoke with the ladies that sold them , they basically all said the same thing - they sew things that are large - have leftovers and make smaller and smaller things out of that cloth till it's all gone. I bought pot holders,eyeglass cases, purse size kleenex holders ... I like the idea of not letting anything go to waste. Very Frugal women !

o

I used to make those Kleenex holders for in my purse. I just ran across one in my drawer this morning when I was getting ready to go to church. I think if you wait long enough, most stuff does come back in style......but not until you've thrown yours away or forgotten how to make it :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here