Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baby Carriage Diaper Cake

Posted by terij (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 31, 06 at 19:27

Hello everyone...
I am looking for directions or a web site with directions on making a baby carriage diaper cake for my daughter's baby shower.
This will be her last child ( she has a 15 year old son...surprise...surprise )but at any rate, I would like to make this a memorable time for her.
I would also be interested in any handmade party favors ideas that you might have.
Thank you all and Blessed Be!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baby Carriage Diaper Cake

is this a diaper cake in the shape of a baby carriage? I have never seen instructions for this one.

I googled and found this pic and ingredients - I imagine it is just a matter of stacking the diapers to the right shape, just like a normal diaper cake
http://www.bamababiesandbirthdays.com/baby_carriage_diaper_cakes.htm

looks like two bibs is the hood, and a ruffle of large lace is added to the ribbon, uses rolled burp pad wheels. Not sure how all is fastened together though with such an odd shape. you could pin or glue, but some of the diapers may become unusable. The third bib may be under the toy. cannot tell if the diapers underneath are stacked or rolled. It may not matter as they are covered by the lace.

hth

Here is a link that might be useful: diaper cake

o

Hello terrij.

I'm aware of my being approx. 6 months too late but anyway:
here are some hints on how to make beautiful diaper cakes in 23 mins. or less!

/
Regards,
le_Chef

Here is a link that might be useful: Diaper Cakes.tk

o

I would like to see a video on how to make the diaper carriage cake. I want to learn so bad.

o

the stacking isn't so hard, I did that easily in about 15 minutes. that hard part is trying to figure out how to wrap the blanket....once I figure that out I'm golden this is the one I am making http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FJ7OZPPSMB0/S9CIzu40uxI/AAAAAAAABYw/bRU3Cj9jhMI/s1600/wm+baby+carriage+DC+left.jpg

and how I stacked it was this

the middle is just about 23 size 1 diapers tied together with string

the wheels is 4 diapers. unfold 1 diaper and roll it. unfold the next and roll that around the 1st and so on. repeat 3 times.

do that again 2 more times to create 2 rolls to act as the top of the carrige.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here