Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzukween

More Jewelry From Spoons

kudzukween
13 years ago

I know I don't do much anymore..lol....

But I wanted to share in case anyone wants to make some for Christmas gifts or to sell at craft shows.

Cut your spoon/fork handle with a bolt cutter or your Dremel tool. File/smooth the ends, drill a small hole in each end. One way to make one is with stretch clear cord, string and use crimp beads. Another is to use wire and crimp beads and a toggle clasp; use the size jump rings you need. I buy sterling plated to go with the sterling plated handles. I also used broken pearl necklaces I bought at yard sales and thrift stores. One necklace will make 2 or 3 bracelets or so. You can always add some crystals or silver/other beads to make it go further! Check out my blog for more photos and ideas. Happy Halloween!

Enjoy :D

kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog Bracelets

Comments (5)

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Wow! I love them all, they are beautiful, I usually have a favorite but hard to do that this time,you did a great job on them. When DH passed away I had a Secret Sister at church & continued giving her things until June of the next year when we had the luncheon & she got to find out who I was. I was the surprised 1 she said she loved all the things I gave her so much that she had to make me a bracelet at her jewelry store. It was in a green velvet box,cultured pearls & gold & I cried.That was so sweet to get a gift made just for me. So I think I'd have to go with 1st 1 as my favorite & I love the silver part of it, very elegant. I've always liked white gold & platinum better than yellow gold so that is what my wedding rings were. Like Mexican silver too as it has such a warm look to it. You should sell them on Itsy or else you have your Christmas gifts ready for the women in your family!!Oh, Zach is such a cutie & what a smile, I want to give him a hug!!Do it for me!! Jan

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

Those are beautiful! They also look hard to make. You come up with the greatest stuff.

• bettymnz4
    13 years ago

I am mainly a lurker, but I wanted to let you know that I ALWAYS open your posts - you have such a variety of creative, fun projects.

Keep posting, please!!!!

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you all so much :D i think i like this style better than the ones i make with the chain and charms and beads! i got great deals on the broken pearl necklaces and the silverware, so these are pretty inexpensive to get the materials for. marti8a, they look hard to make but are really simple and easy, you'd have great fun making these for gifts or to sell. just buy some crimping beads and some beading wire or stretch beading elastic, and some jump rings and broken necklaces or new beads. walmart has packages for anywhere from a dollar and up. michaels and hobby lobby have coupons for 40% and 50% off,too! the hardest part is drilling the holes, lol! but my nephew is teaching me how to use my dremel..it sure is handy for this project, although you can use a regular drill and tiny drill bits. i have collected some old watches and am making two handled watches and some with crystals. go make some!

thanks jan, he is a sweetie poo! thanks marti and betty, you all have made my day :D

• fl_gypsy
    13 years ago

Haven't posted here in a loooooonnnnnng time, but I do lurk. Just wanted to throw this idea out.

I used to have a friend who made jewelry from silver forks. He would cut the handle off the forks and bend the top (where he had left enough of the handle) to form an opening for the chain. He would then twist the tines into different shapes, polish them up and put them on a chain or leather thong to sell them. I had a couple that I wore with my dressy jeans outfits. DonâÂÂt know what happened to themâ¦â¦â¦will have to see if I can find them. He also made rings and bracelets out of the end/top part of the handles

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor