Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suggestions needed

Posted by ivamae (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 25, 10 at 18:43

I would like to make something to hold gift cards that I would like to give to family for Christmas, out of scrapbooking and card making supplies. Does anyone have some cute ideas?

I haven't been on this forum for a long time. I must get back to it as there are so many talented people here.

Keep up the good work.

I've been spending my time making chemo caps for a support group in our city. I hope they help someone. So far I have made 40 crocheted or knit or combination fo both, this summer and fall. Our weather gets prety cold.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suggestions needed

I don't scrapbook so no help there but think it is wonderful you make caps for folks fighting cancer. I'm sure the person wearing 1 is very grateful to be warm & cozy & they are probably thrilled to know people actually spent time making them. Thanks for being so generous with you time & materials! Jan

o

Google "gift card holder craft" and then click on images. I saw a lot of cute ideas that could be made from paper. Have fun!

o

What wonderful sites.

Thank you so much

o

I made a mini scrapbook last year. I got the idea from this blog and tweaked it a bit to make it work better for gift cards. This is a cached copy of the blog. Evidently they are making some blog changes and the original link no longer works. Hope this one does.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mini Scrapbook from Grooving 2 Music

o

Is what you are asking for a holder for some of your homemade cards ?

I bought some cards that came in a white fabric envelope that was made with battenburg(sp) lace on the front. and had a loop and a large button on the front for closing.

If that is anything like you are wanting I can take a pic and post it for you.

patti

o

Thanks everyone. What I was looking for was a holder for store gift cards. I wanted something to enclose them in for gifts. I did as sugested and googled the wording suggested and got some wonderful ideas. I am so pleased. Thanks everyone for your suggestions

o

A year or so ago I saw old post cards made into gift card holders. Or copies of post cards could be used if you didn't want to use the original card. You fold them in half, then glue or sew two edges together. If I remember right there was also a notch cut in the top of one side for easy access to the gift card.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here