Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzukween

Halloween Treat Cone-Tussie Mussie

kudzukween
15 years ago

This is a little too big, so I'm going to cut the pattern down a bit. I used white posterboard and we glued orange crepe paper for the cone and black crepe paper cut into a fringe for the top. A black pipe cleaner for the handle, and a Halloween treat bag lines it. My grandson decorated it with stickers from the Dollar Store. We're making these for his class for Halloween. I made one in a Victorian style to try it out,so I don't know how it came out too big this time, lol!

They're both here...

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Comments (4)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

I think they came out well! I always have problems with the cones-tried making xmas ones 1 yr. Used old xmas cards-more trouble then they were worth.DD even gave up on them. I don't see anything wrong with the size unless it takes too much candy to fill. Bats are sure cute & do look very easy. Your button fairy is nice too! (I figure the station must be in Pacomia as that is what it says on your blog when I'm there. Haven't passed through there in yrs since they tore out the No. Hollywood Mall with Sears, Penny's Gap,Woolworth's-really liked that place, looked like 1 back home I worked in when I was 16.) GS green hand is really cool!! He is great crafter already!!! Jan

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Jan :) Yes, I thought it would take too much candy to fill (25 kids in the kindergarten class) and I used a whole pipe cleaner for the handle, but it was too short, so that's another reason. Oh, and the treat bag I set inside was too small,lol! I'll get the old man to make me a pattern,since it involves math and I melt when I have to !! I also think I should just get neon orange poster board, since it was just too hard to glue the crepe paper,and too expensive to make them all out of card stock or pretty papers. I wanted orange and black gift tissues but we couldn't find any, even at Party City.
    And thanks again, my grandson loves to draw and make things. All my grandchildren do :) I think they're going to be great artists!
    When my family checks out my blog, it says Gulfport,MS...lol!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Hi Cherry, I think the orange poster board should work. DD & I were using the prettiest Xmas cards so of course they were embossed, really good thick card stock, should have tried it with the thinner cards. Probably worked great 50-60 yrs ago when cards were much thinner & craft came into vogue, imagine it was made in Europe long before we made them. Kids might "suck" on crepe paper & get color on their clothes. Lot of things are getting hard to find. Western TRim Co. out here is now Blue Moon & something else in the more expensive "jewels" . Michael's is more expensive items & less for young set to do except the craft kits & craftfoam. Hope the posterboard works for you! Oh, back when we made them we had to use tacky glue as no hot glue guns, we resorted to staples at top . Now some things have improved, amazing glues & hot gun guns! Jan

• oddie
    15 years ago

another beautiful craft!
    TFS!
    oddie