Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My new playground !!!!

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 07 at 17:21

DH and I went to 2 senior centers today to sign up. I'm just amazed at the things they offer . I want to sign up for pottery , areobics , drawing and painting and stained glass. I swear - this place is going to be my new playground.
I LOVE woodworking - they have a totally complete awesome workshop with all the toys - you can use it for 50 cents a day! There's pottery wheels ,kilns, weaving looms ,computers,sewing machines ... I just can't wait to get in there ~ !!!

***** Getting old Rocks**** heheh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My new playground !!!!

Sounds like you will be haveing fun! know where you will be spending time! how nice that you can go somewhere like that, sounds almost worth getting old LOL! cant call myself a senior yet but I am slideing quickly down that hill!
Happy Crafting
oddie

o

Way to go! I am going to have to find some senior centers!

o

Sounds like an absolutely wonderful Senior center. Where do you live? I don't think our centers around here have anything like that. All you hear about is bingo.

o

I live in Milwaukee ... we have 3 near me . You might have to peek in and ask ....I never KNEW they had so many activities either ! -- Or -- look them up online .
My DH is a card player ... he figured there'd be penny games ...... NOT ! The older women were playing Sheepshead for quarters ! ( Big time gambling ~ LOL ! )

o

You got me interested in finding out what ours has to offer.

they have piano lessons, painting, wood carving,and ceramics..

But unless you are a member the classes are about $40.00

There are three classes of membership Gold +, Gold and Silver. That run from $150 to nearly $400 a year.

Looks like I can't afford to be a senior and have fun.

Where do you live???

patti

o

Wow! You really have a good one. Ours has a workout room, and billards room. I've gone to the workout room a few times. I don't know about any classes--guess I need to check on that. Hope you take advantage of yours and have lots of fun. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here