Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mardi Gras Mask

Posted by ringaroundtherosie (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 07 at 17:03

A friend of my daugher's is a contestant in a Mardi Gras Pageant, and she has to design her own mask and is judged on her design. They have provided her with a plastic, flimsy mask and a short stick. She can create any type of mask as long as she uses those two pieces in her design. My question is what can she use to make the flimsy plastic mask more sturdy? She will need to attach feathers, cloth, etc. to it. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mardi Gras Mask

I googled it and came up with a few here.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to make mardi gras masks

o
Mardi Gras Mask

Shysue, Thanks for the help. I spent quite a while reading the sites about making a Mardi Gras mask. They pretty much told how to make a whole mask from start to finish. The young lady and her mother came over today with feathers, ribbons, beads, etc., the white plastic, flimsy half mask and a 12" dowel rod, and three hours later we had created a mask to be proud of. She was so excited. I've done a lot of crafts including floral design, but that's the first time I created a fancy Mardi Gras mask. She got away before I got a photo of it, but says she'll hang in on her bedroom wall when the pageant is over. Thanks again!

Rosie

o
RE: Mardi Gras Mask

Darn! I sure would have loved to have seen what it looked like. Sounds fantastic!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here