Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bottle of Boos *Pic*

Posted by soso (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 6, 06 at 17:01

This is a Picture of my version of a bottle of Boos.

I usually don't make haloween items for shows but have some lighted things this year and thought these would
fit in nicely.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bottle of Boos *Pic*

Adorable !!!! What a cute idea. Can I be nosey & ask what you charge for them ??? :)

o

Still trying to decide.
Thinking about 7.95
What do you think???

o

That's reasonable. No wonder they are selling !! In my opinion - I think you should mark them up - maybe just by a dollar. I've seen absolute JUNK selling for $7.95 and these are far from junk !!! Before you listen to me though - think about where you are selling and what kind of people will be going through - maybe your price would be better . I wish us crafters had a crystal ball ~~~

o

I like to leave my customers with the feeling of getting a good buy for their money and the quality of work.
I'd rather charge $1 less and sell more of them.
It's a hard call.....

o

OMG! That is too clever! I love it. I want one! Bet they will sell great! I don't sell crafts, so don't worry--I am no competition--but I would love to make one for my DS & DIL. Are you buying empty bottles to make them? Is the glass "frosted" inside or out? That is so cute. Luvs

o

I luv them,,,ask her about all the other beautiful bottles she does......

o

Thank you for the compliments

Luvtocraft,....and all others, feel free to copy ant of my crafts. There is no new idea under the sun, juat a tweek on some other idea.

We get bottles from bars or wineries or order new.
If you know someone who buys wine, ask for their bottles.

I mix mod podge and a very few drops of white paint to
sponge them and give a frosted look, then seal with water
base varnish.....paint ghosts and bats.

a 20 clear light string. I drill holes in the bottle to insert lights, but for a gift, if you can't drill the hole ,you could put the lights in from the top

o

Thanks Soso, I appreciate your sharing that information with us. Your's are really cute. Luvs

o

How many times did I have too look at that before I caught on! Bottle of "boos" = bottle of booze! LOL - too funny!!

They look very nice - I hope your customers catch on faster than I do! LOL! I am sure you will sell out of these - people really decorate for Halloween now!!

o

Those are adorable. Well done!

o

These are adorable!!

o

Very cute! I'd buy one at $7.95 - $10.
That'd be cute idea in a mason jar with yellow lights, like fireflies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here