Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marzipan Babies

Posted by CandyWA (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 3, 05 at 16:59

Aren't these the cutest little things!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marzipan Babies

but who is able to eat them? I must admit the thoughts give me the creeps.

o

Oh my gosh! They are really works of art. Definitely not for eating, though.

o

I'm with you... I can't really see my dinner guests wanting to bite the heads off of babies for desssert. Eeeewwwww

I looked online hoping to find a mold for them but didn't succeed. It seems like if you molded a baby (and I'd prefer polymer clay) that you could then arrange his little body into positions. It would be such a cute cake topper at a shower... or babies first Christmas ornament, etc.

If anyone finds the molds for these little infants, lemme know.

o

they are sculpted I imagine, not made woth a mold. Artistic yes but still macabre. Once I bought a girlfriend a cake with a large marzipan penis for her 40th birthday party. We snarfed that thing down quickly... LOL

o

did you find these on a site? if so where?

I cant stop stareing at them.....
[Dont know if that is that a good thing or a bad thing..lol)

o

Dayenu, you're probably not allowed to post any of those party pictures LOL

The internet is just amazing... This afternoon I received pictures of the marzipan babies from a girlfriend here in town. By 10:00 p.m. I'd received that same e-mail three times. The second came from my best friend in CA, and the third from a friend in Branson, Missouri. None of those people know each other. Isn't it interesting how quickly things travel through cyber space!

Even more interesting (and not quite fair) is that the e-mail doesn't give any credit to the artist.

o

Beautiful. But they are polymer clay - not marzipan. Wouldn't it be neat to have your own baby sculpted. Her are is so lifelike.

I am fascinated by marzipan candy - I wish I could make those clever things.

Here is a link that might be useful: Camille Allen

o

I am so glad to hear that no one will be chomping off their dear little heads.

o

GardenGirl, thank you SO much for the link.

I've watched cake decorating competitions and the edible sculptures are absolutely phenomenal... so when I received 3 e-mails entitled Marzipan Babies... I never questioned it.

Makes ya wonder who decided to pass them off as marzipan... and why.

Camille Allen's little sculptures are just amazing.

o

Oh these are so awesome! I would love to have a collection of these! I used to collect dolls until I ran out or space to display them...this would barely take up any room! LOL....DH would love this! I really need these....where did you find them?

o
list

I just put myself on the mailing list...I'm curiuos as to the price of them miniatures.....love them!

o

Vikki, she has one miniature available now for $119.
Here is the link to that page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Available

o

I've never seen anyuthing like them. What a craftperson!!
Thanks for sharing.

o

I'm glad they aren't marzipan. They are really wonderful. Too bad they are so expensive, but they really are works of art!

o

Uh, these cute babies are made of a silcon based craft putty. Do a web search with "Marizpan Babies" and a bunch of links will pop up. And yes, it names the creator of these beautiful pieces of art.

o

Wow,

I just checked out her new website and she also makes life sized babies, these are really creepy,they look just like a baby, so real it is scary.

Stacie

Here is a link that might be useful: scary babies

o

Camille's babies are awesome but there are several artists who sculpt exquisite OOAk [one of a kind] polymer clay babies, as well as fairies, mermaids and fantasy figures. A good place to start is ebay. Search with OOAK Fairy and something should come up. There are also several organizations for OOAk sculptors where you can view these little miracles being brought to life. www.ooakguild.com, www.ooakdollart.com and www.artdolls.com. Check out Loxleigh by AU. artist Ros Schramm. Her dolls are amazing... Sharon

o

They are not made from Marzipan but from clay which I prefer. I think they range somewhere between $99 to $1200

I just love them.

o

They re so sweet. How much are they?

o

I can appreciate the artistry ... but these & the life sized hand sculpted babies give me the shivers . It is an awesome craft - lots of people collect these & love them !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here