Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crystal Snow

Posted by tammy_crafter (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 07 at 16:51

I have some fake powdery snow, fine crystal, etc. However, I just saw some ornements with "fake snow" that has pieces of "crystals" one them. They are as big as if they were rock salt consistancy (close to broken glass just not sharp) - but not rock salt it will deteriate. Anybody ever seen any of this in a jar or have any suggestions.
tammy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crystal Snow

Are you talking about "Diamond Dust" - that is very fine. Can you share a pic of this "rock salt consistency" stuff?

Sal

o

No its "bigger" than diamond dust - its not a dust consistancy - rock salt is what you sprinkle on snow and ice to get it to melt.

o

could it be khosher salt?? just guessing..janie

o

Here is exactly what you are looking for AND the directions how to make branches with it !

Here is a link that might be useful: Crystal Ice

o
Craft store

PS -- I Forgot to tell you to look at all the stuff they carry in the store. Looks like a nice place !

o

Its not what I saw the snowballs were made of BUT it can work - what a neat site THANKS - the kicker though - I went to order it - "out of stock" - I'll keep loking for it somewhere else

o

Tammy, I got the stuff to make the iced branches with last year at Jo-ann's in the floral department, if that helps any.

o

I bought some at Michaels. I glued some around one of those big margarita glasses and made a fountain.

o

Oh! Do you have a picture? We would love to see it.

o

Darn - I thought for sure that was it ! LOL Now I think I know what you are talking about -- little white balls of all different sizes . I'm at a loss for that .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here