Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where can I sell?

Posted by danaoh (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 25, 07 at 15:59

I make purses out of wool sweaters - love them. But I am thinking I should have them in a store or something. I have done one show, sold 2, another show coming on the 10th. Anyone know where I could maybe sell them in my part of the world? I live in Middletown ohio, between Dayton and Cincinnati.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where can I sell?

Sorry can't help you with a location but I would love to see pics of some of your purses.
Just a thought; have you tried selling on Ebay?

o

Maybe I will try this weekend - haven't ever done that, haven't even put pix from the camera to the computer - husband has done that a lot.

o

OMG, my two sisters live in the Middletown/Dayton area, it is a small world isn't it. I'll ask my one Sis who loves do to crafting things also where she might think they'd do well for you out there and get back to you in this post. I do remember driving down this one road and there was a store which dealt in homemade craft gifts. I don't know if it was a consignment shop or not. I'll ask her about that place if she can remember it.

Sal

o

have you thought of the thing called:
Craig's List.... it's on line .... and should be by city/state
God Bless!
susiesunshine

o

How about www.etsy.com it is totally crafter/crafter person/artist friendly. Very inexpensive to post but it is a lot of work just like any sales.
Best of luck and success!!
ginger

Here is a link that might be useful: Etsy

o

thanks all - sorry didn't get to the pictures - spent weekend changing screens to storms, and other fall stuff.

What is hard about etsy?

o

hard? not hard just a lot of work. it's also very fast paced to keep your items bumped to the top and noticed. Getting off the ground and selling without a following is hard work no matter your format or selling arena.
best of luck,
ginger

o

I just listed my first item on ebay and I am like a little kid... It IS fun! lol In fact, I listed it her under the post I did it!!! ...check it out! Just a thought - you would need to take pictures of your items you want to sell.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here