Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
crafts on this site....question

Posted by donnas (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 8, 07 at 15:44

I'm fairly new to this site. The pictures of the craft items that some of you show are great!! Do the crafts have to be your own ideas or can they be made using store bought patterns like Simplicity, McCalls, etc? I posted a picture under "my scarecrow" last week. He was made using a McCalls pattern. I'm wondering if I should have posted that picture, since it seems that the crafts here are ones that people have come up with using their imagination. Most of what I do involves using a pattern. If it weren't for patterns, I'd be lost...lol. Just let me know. Thanks.

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: crafts on this site....question

Hi, Donna,
I don't think there are any hard rules here. Everybody is friendly. Welcome to the crafting community!

o

Looking forward to seeing more of your crafts. There's nothing wrong with using a pattern!!

o

I'm new to this site, but so far I have not seen any craft police.-LOL Welcome. We love pictures.

o

I've been here for years and I haven't spotted any craft cops either.
Everyone has to start somewhere. Just feel free to jump in any time
and share your things with us.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

The only thing I have noticed over the years when posting is people tend to get a little upset if you use their pattern but claim it's your own work. That's where you have to watch it. Just tell us that...that the craft is your version of so and so's pattern.

Crafters one and all are welcome!

o

Post away!

Although - somewhere deep in the fine print in the message board rules it states:

* All posted material becomes the property of this site.

So...if you have a really great original idea, you might think twice about posting that!

o

Thanks everyone! I don't do alot of crafts, but when I do, I use a pattern. I also make wreaths. I have other crafts that I've done, but I will have to take photos before posting them.

o

Welcome to the forum Donna, sure hope you'll come more often and share your crafts with us. We love pics! No there are no craft police as others have said and of course you can post something you made from a pattern. You'll meet some wonderful folks in here, and we love newcomers also.

Sal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here