Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do you make with Sculpey ?

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 29, 06 at 15:18

I have been bitten by the CLAY BUG. Beads just fascinate me. I know a few of you dabble in it - what do you make ? How did you learn ? Are there books out there ? There's a ton of tutorials online .... call me old fashioned - but if I'm learning something - I want to see a Book. LOL
Maybe I can combine some of my scrap glass with clay to make something brand new ! Who knows ...this might just be the next million dollar idea ~~ LOL (fat chance ) Tell me all you do with clay !! ( Please ??? )

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you make with Sculpey ?

Here you go we have a forum for it. It is a lovely hobby. I tried and finally gave all my supplies away. (I just did that with most of my rubber stamps too) Anyway. They are pretty clever over at this forum. Hope it helps!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Clay and Ceramics - GardenWeb

o

BEADS! I don't do sculpey, but if I did, that's what I would make:)

What about some pendants? With the glass & clay?

o

I took the punge and got a bunch of clay and powders , a pasta machine - and all sorts of doo-dads to make stuff with . I'm thinking jewelry ,beads and pendants. THanks for the site - I didn't know there was such a thing ! I'll be sure to go there :)

o

Kathy, check out this site. I hear it's great :) Hopefully it will be useful!

Here is a link that might be useful: glass attic

o

Oh -- Thank you Nikki !!! I'll have a bigger butt print in my computer chair now that I found this site ! ( LOL )
I've been playing with the clay since yesterday ... the beads you can make are unreal ... I think this might be my new craft fair item !!!

o

When you go to the Clay Forum be sure to look at the great stuff in the gallery there.

o

Here is my first attempt at sculpture and at super sculpey.

http://www.biggandyy.com/2008/06/08/my-first-sculpey-figurine/

I tried to keep it simple.

Here is a link that might be useful: BiggAndyy The Magazine

o

I don't do a lot with Sculpey, but occasionally I'll use some to make something. This is something I did a couple of years ago, a little altoids tin/sea turtle shrine. The top was made with paper clay, but all the little pieces are Sculpey.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think the post about it is still around, if you want to read more about it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here