Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
nut ornament hangers

Posted by marysambo (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 27, 08 at 14:35

I made some lovely painted nuts and would like to add hangers to use as ornaments. I am trying to find a glue-on metal top (like a jeweler's "bead cap") with a small ring attached to it, and then I could tie a fine ribbon through it. I can't seem to find such a thing in jewelry supply places.

I really don't want to just glue ribbon right onto the nut. Does anyone have an idea of how to do this and make it look "fancy"?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: nut ornament hangers

You could drill a small hole and use wire then tie ribbon to that. Would love to see pic's...

o

What about the little screws with the circle or diamond shaped opening on the top? I dont' rmember what they are called but they are used on the sides of picture frames to attach the hanging wire to.
kathy

o

Kathy, I think the screws are called eye screws, come in silver or gold color would need to drill small hole to get them started or might crack the nut LOL! Jan

o

You might look at drapery rod ends - I do not know if they would have the hole you require, but it would certainly be something to look at.
Suzan J

o

I made something similar to this several years ago. I used a pearl hat pin. (you can find these in craft stores) drill a tiny hole in the nut. Place some craft glue on the end of the pin and press the pin thru a piece of ribbon and then the nut. Cut the pin to the desired length for the nut. The ribbon is then tied and used as a hanger.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here