Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small Fall favor help......

Posted by irishdancersgram (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 17, 07 at 14:19

I'm trying to come up with a small, inexpensive Fall/Halloween favor to give each person at each table at our card party...Nothing elaborate, just nice....All I can come up with is fall candy wrapped in nylon net and tied with a pretty bow..I'll need to make about 100 so it has to be something simple..Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated....Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small Fall favor help......

If you have access to baby food jars you could always brush them with white glue and cover them with fall colors of tissue paper to make tea light holders.

o

Nothing wrong with candy. You can never go wrong with candy!!!!

Here are a few things that might help you. That's alot of little gifts you have to make. Maybe you can find a good deal on votive candles. Good Luck!!

Halloween Candles. You can purchase some very interesting
molded Halloween candles in a variety of shapes and sizes (like pumpkins, ghosts, haunted houses, etc.). Wrap up in orange tulle and tie with black curly ribbon

Orange Net Favors. Cut 6" circles of tulle in orange and black colors. Place either candies or a small votive candle in each circle. Gather and tie off with the opposite color of ribbon. (Orange ribbon, black tulle and black ribbon, orange tulle.)

Witches Broom. Buy small straw brooms (available in craft stores). Wrap black and orange ribbon down the handle and tie a black bow just above the broom. Add some autumn colored silk leaves and dried flowers tucked in and glued around the bow. Maybe attach a small magnet.

o

You can find a few different versions of this candy scarecrow on the internet. I think it would be really cute as a favor.

Here is a link that might be useful: Candy Scarecrow

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here