Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kel3_gw

Tennis Banquet Ideas

kel3
14 years ago

I was wondering if anyone here has some easy and creative ideas for table decorations for a boys high school tennis banquet? I have searched online but can't come up with anything that isn't just buying party store decorations. I was trying to avoid that and just use things such as real tennis balls. I will be doing decorations on approximately 10 tables for families to eat at and then one long table for about 18 players. This is a very informal event but I would like to make it nice for the boys.

Thanks for any ideas any of you may have!

Comments (4)

• Adella Bedella
    14 years ago

I'm not sure if I can explain this. I'm linking what I think are cute ideas that could be adapted. Instead of the stars, you could use foam or card stock circles (tennis balls) in yellow or the school colors.

The first picture idea might be cute if you wanted to make an individual place name for each player. I'd use something different for the base and a skewer for the stick. You could write the player's name where the brand name would normally go.

For the ten centerpieces, you could use a style more similar to the second picture. You could use an empty veggie can and wrap it with fabric or tissue paper if you didn't want to buy a little pail. You could put a few circles (balls)in it and fill it out with skewers with curly ribbons in school colors hanging from them. I think that you could make them manly enough.

If all else fails, you could probably rent a helium tank fairly inexpensively. Three balloons in school colors tied with curly ribbon and a flashy paperweight would add to the festivity.

Here is a link that might be useful: 4th of July centerpiece Ideas

• kel3
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you adellabedella! You definitely gave me some things to try. I like the idea for the place name for the players and that gave me an idea to also maybe make placemats for them that look like a tennis court--green with the white stripes?? Also, when you were explaining your idea for the centerpieces and said "veggie can" that gave me an idea to use empty tennis ball cans for some type of arrangement like that.

Thank you so much for responding. I definitely needed some help with getting the "wheels spinning" and you have done that!

• banquetdecorations
    13 years ago

I'd use green table clothes, a clear tall jar in the center full of yellow tennis balls, napkins with a tennis theme, and perhaps a mini-photo album of photos of their last school tennis matches.

I'd also avoid the use of flowers, but perhaps place green apples on lawn clippings, around the central tall jar.

Here is a link that might be useful: Banquet Decorations

• spolley_bellsouth_net
    12 years ago

I need some suggestions for centerpieces for a Lacrosse Banquet. We have some fake candles and hurrianes. I want something new and exciting. Any ideas?????

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA