Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how do you copy a link?

Posted by donnas (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 25, 08 at 14:08

I see alot of "here is a link that may be helpful:" and that link is highlighted in blue so that one can click on it. All I know to do is copy and paste from the address bar, but that is just an address and you cannot click on it. So can someone tell me how it's done? Thank you!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how do you copy a link?

Look at the area below where you reply to a thread. Below the message box is 'optional link URL' and 'name of the link'. The URL is the whole string that starts with http:// etc etc. The second box, 'name of the link' can be whatever you want to call the link.

If you're starting a thread those fields don't show up until you preview the message. So, type your message, hit the preview button, add in the URL & name of link, preview again and then send the message.

Hope this helps.

o

so that's what they are for?? As long as I've been coming here, I've never once wondered what they were for LOL. Thanks pudge!!

o

Donna - if you are the original poster and are just starting the thread, you won't see that spot to place the link until you "preview" your message. Then it will be below the message box.

Don't forget to preview the message again to make sure the link is there.

Links are SO helpful!

o

iowagirl2006, I tried it yesterday and it worked. Used it on the Gingerbread Nativity/check it out post. It was nothing to it!! I just never bothered to ask what those 2 boxes were for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here