Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

Pop can and bed spring ghost

oddie
16 years ago

wanted to share with you something my grandson and I made yesterday, hes always wanting to make something when hes here has seen some cute snowman made with pop cans so thought we would try a ghost, could only find one can so made mine from the bed spring, I told him I would let him know what you all think of his crafting, hes 8 years old and such a joy to craft with.

oddie

Comments (15)

• shysue
    16 years ago

You can tell your GS he is a first rate crafter! Those are just great.

• janied
    16 years ago

your grandson did excellant!! so cute, both of them!! I just found some bed springs, but unfortunately they are very rusty. do you have any suggestions on how to clean them?? tfs, Janie

• sjarz
    16 years ago

Love them both!
    SJ

• barb_from_pa
    16 years ago

Great ghosties! The bed spring is really neat.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Very cute, I love them both. Please tell him that he is very creative and we love the ghosts. Luvs

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone you made his day! I called and told him he had some post about his ghost, he made his mom get on the coumputer and read them himself before I could get off the phone.
    Janied, I just used rough sandpaper then wipe them down with alcohol, most likey you wont get all the rust off, but spray paint covers pretty good.
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

Another oddie wonder!!
    Really cute

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Ya'll did a great job. He definitely takes after his g-ma with his crafting abilities. ha Tell him he has the ghost with the most!! (and yours looks good too!) ;) ~Anj

• pattico_gw
    16 years ago

Did you paint the pop can? or cover it with something? so it's logo and other words don't show through the cheese cloth?

I think my grandkids would enjoy it too.

patti

• Cheri_C
    16 years ago

Oddie, You do the cutest things!!! And your grandson is following in your footsteps I see. Tell him he did a wonderful job.
    Cheri

• janied
    16 years ago

Thanks Oddie for your help. I will try that. Janie

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks agine, you guys are the best! he made his mom print out the photo so he could show his teacher, wouldnt be supprised if theres alot of popcan crafts going on soon.
    the popcan idea was not mine, saw it on another fourm, and want to give cerdit to the crafter here is a link

http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1004031632/m/2811072633

Havent seen a ghost yet so guess that part is my idea.
    pattico we sprayed the can white, used frabic stiffner after we put him together, but didnt need it looked good without it,.
    Last year we made the floating ghost useing a large styrofoam ball and cheesecloth, frabic stiffner, and hung with fishing line, dont have a photo but they were cute.
    Thanks agine looks like we have a up and comming crafter, he wants to know whats next!
    Happy crafting
    oddie

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

OMG that is so darn cute, I love it. Tell your grandson he can come craft with me anytime he wants to. We'll make the big $$ at the shows!

• donnas_gw
    16 years ago

oddie, they are SOOOO cute!!! Your grandson did a wonderful job!! I bet he can't wait to see what Thanksgiving and Christmas crafts you have lined up for him. Tell him he did an excellent job!!

• evelyn_craftdiva
    16 years ago

Your GS sure inherited your craft gene. Kudos to both of you for a great job!!

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer