Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Gingie Pop ornament

Posted by lindaohnowga (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 07 at 12:43

Two muslin circles, coffee stained, sewn, turned, stuffed and painted with acrylic paints:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Gingie Pop ornament

Too cute! Great job on that sweet little face. TFS Luvs

o

That is a great one, too! You are so good at faces, I am very jealous!
Suzan J

o

That really is so darn cute!! You did a great job!

o

Linda, I was at a craft show today. They had tootsie pops covered with felt that were pumpkins and ghosts. They were just two pieces of felt stitched together, slipped over the pop and tied with a ribbon. Had cute little faces painted on. I bought one of each so I wouldn't forget how they were made. Could do a gingerbread, snowman, or santa the same way I imagine. Luvs

o

I love it good job!!

o

cute, cute ,cute!!! can you teach us how to paint the faces?? you paint so well! tfs, Janie

o

Oh that is so cute, good job Linda. Those would look nice in a container with some greenery and red berries with a bow around it. Thanks for sharing.

Sal

o

OMG your gingie pop is sooo cute! how do you plan on useing them? is there a sucker inside like the ones luvs told about?
I like craftladys idea, would be cute in some type of christmas arangerment.
Oddie

o

My gingie pop does not use a sucker inside..just stuffing. They are made to be ornaments to hang on a tree or peg knob or as bowl fillers. SnowPops can be made the same way. I've seen the real tootsie pops made into turkeys, angels, Santas, reindeer, etc. and they are cute.

Janie, I can't teach you how to do faces. Just practice, practice, practice like I had to do.

o

So cute!!!

o

Sweet! Love the cute face. : ) I was thinking rick-rack could be used around the circle if someone didn't feel as comfortable using paint.

I like the felt-covered tootsie pop idea, too. You gals are giving me way too many ideas. Time to go dig out my felt stash. : )

Diana

o

Oh, I like! And must agree...a grouping of these would great in a display!

o

adorable!!! Great job!! Hope you share this over on CGCH.

ginger

o

The gingerpop is adorable. GREAT paint job.

o

ooh, love it.gingies is my favorite...well, that & penguins

o

Hmm, what is CGCH? Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here