Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
franny_2009

Nurses Craft

franny_2009
14 years ago

A friend of mine is a nurse at the eye institute and is looking for some sort of craft that is about nurses that she could give to the other nurses at a conference she will be going to..there are about 40 nurses...any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments (13)

• User
    14 years ago

How about something like this:

Nurse's Kit
    Lifesaver - a reminder of the many times others will need your help.

Snicker's Bar - to remind you that laughter is the best medicine

Candle - to remind you that you can light up someone's day

Tissue - to dry tears, your own and someone else's.

Starburst - for that burst of energy at the end of the day

Button - to remind you that sometimes you need to button your lip

Bath Salts - to take you away at the end of the day

Marbles - to replace the ones you will loose

Playing Card - to help you be a better mind reader

Lollipop - to help you lick everyone's problems

Mint - to remind you your compassion is worth a mint to your patients.

These fun kits are made simply by adding all of the "ingredients", printing the list of items and their meaning and putting it all in a jar with a nice decorative jar topper. These are inexpensive kits, especially if you can recycle the jar from your kitchen (keep your eye open for nice jelly and relish jars at the store.

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

I LOVE Joann's idea !!! I think it would be awesome gift - and not that expensive. That would even make a great "gift basket" to send to hospital nurses at their station ... let them pick their own gift & unwrap the saying . I bet the meaning of each little gift would overwhelm them with happiness ! Thanks for posting that ,Joann !

• User
    14 years ago

Just change the Name to Nurse Kit

• franny_2009
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nurses Kit and Friendship kit were great ideas....however when I told my friend she said they had done those already :-(
    Any other ideas??

• Adella Bedella
    14 years ago

I know someone who is a nurse. She always buys really neat watches to wear at work because she isn't allowed to wear anything other than the standard scrubs. What about making some simple, but nice charms to wear on a watch, bracelet, or even a key chain. There are the bottle cap charms filled with resin or even beaded charms. Another idea would be to make the clear glass marble magnets with a quote or image decoupaged on it. A simple white background with red cross might even be sufficient.

• franny_2009
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Those sound like good ideas...where would I find the instructions for the magnets or charms...Thanks!!

• User
    14 years ago

I found some.
    Here's one for bottle caps too

http://www.bigbigforums.com/arts-crafts/623581-bottle-cap-crafts.html

Here is a link that might be useful: magnets

• carmelita1
    14 years ago

Franny,
    I have a couple cards that I used to make for craft shows that are about/for nurses. I used to do a shipping label size which was about 3"x4", 6 on a page and are very inexpensive to make. They can use them as a bookmark or put a strip of magnet on the back.

If your friend has a laminator or access to one and thinks she might like the files, let me know and I can email them to you.

Email me if you are interested.

CArmen

• Adella Bedella
    14 years ago

Here's another link for bottle cap jewelry. See the link below.

Also, search this forum for 'bottle cap'. Some of the crafters here have made some really neat projects like this. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/crafts/msg110808184133.html

Here is a link that might be useful: bottle cap jewelry

• franny_2009
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks to all for the great ideas..CArmen..the nurses cards sound like a good idea...don't know how to get your email but mine is kf.ledingham@sympatico.ca...would appreciate it if you can send me the files for my friend!
    Thanks,
    Franny

• carmelita1
    14 years ago

Franny,

I sent you a test email but without the files. Hope it goes through. You can click on the poster's name (in blue) to send them an email.

Are you in Canada?

CArmen

• franny_2009
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks CArmen...got it...yes in Ontario Canada

• ivamae
    14 years ago

I made a nurses kit fo my grand daughter but put each item in a tiny plastic bag. I made little cards with the sayings and attached with a ribbon.

I put them all in a gift basket and put celephane all around and tied with a big bow. She loved it and has made some for her nurse friends.

It was quite a bit of work but much appreciated.