Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Oct 1st - what are you working on ???

toomuchglass
19 years ago

Today is Oct 1st --- fall is in the air ! What projects have you got going ? Right now , I'm experimenting with different cements to make stepping stones .I have all sorts of little stones drying all over the kitchen.(Once again I have NO kitchen table) I also have glass totems all over the house - using different kinds of glues ( another experiment ) I took a one stroke painting class last week and I have stuff lined up to paint on ...and finally -I'm making bracelets using magnets

(Another thing I saw and said I CAN DO THAT !) Finally -I have all my stained glass stuff going. WHEW ! What are you up to these days ?

Comments (9)

• Beada
    19 years ago

I'm currently trying to get my students to empty Kool-Aid pouches so I can try to make a purse!

• gluecille
    19 years ago

I have been painting gourds...yes I have turned into a gourd head. I started out with two gourds that someone gave me last year. They dried over the winter and about a month ago I decided to try my hand at one stroke painting. I'm hooked. I told people at work if they would bring me gourds I would paint them one for the extra gourds. I have about 20 gourds now. Great trade for me and the recipients were very happy with the trade. There are even others at work searching for them so I will paint them one.

• Kathy_in_Delaware
    19 years ago

Ive been tinkering away with my beads, making necklaces, earrings and bracelets. (I have a show comming next month)
    Also I have been messing around with the plaster christmas ornaments with paint and ink, the result looks like pewter, copper or brass.
    I hope to post pictures soon.
    Kathy

• Sewbeit
    19 years ago

Hi! I have been making waxed dipped ornies, snowmen ornaments (out of warm & natural), and "fake" cinnabuns. I have been on a prim
    kick lately. I also have two quilts in the making and
    several applique kitchen towels.
    Laura

• CandyWA
    19 years ago

Some unsuspecting teenage boy is destined to have a fake cinnabun stuck in his braces :)

Laura, how do you make them? Do you have any pictures of them?

My most recent interest is in silver clay. I just bought the book Art Clay Silver & Gold. It's filled with great pictures and easy instructions.

• loganhogan
    19 years ago

Of all things I'm doing Beach themed tote bags! I know, it's crazy. My cousin's co-worker is going on a cruise so she wanted 7 tote bags for her friends. I had already bought fabric that was in my stash and I figure I'll make a nice profit from the bags to support my habit of buying more stash stuff! I'm thinking of crocheting a poncho. We'll see.
    Susan

• sportsmom12
    19 years ago

I am into fast quick crafts so I making graphics on candles made out of tissue paper. I can whip them out in about five minutes!

• Jude_KS
    19 years ago

Hello Everyone!

Wow can you believe its barely 90 days till Christmas!
    Time will fly by and before we know what happened we
    will all be working full boar to get things done! *LOL*
    Anyway thats my NORM for the holidays!

I just finished 24 Halloween Treatbags for our friends and
    my hubby's co-workers. I always send something for the
    holidays starting with Halloween. They get a kick out of
    the things. With his crew there are only 4 small children
    so I made each of them a jack o lantern clown doll and used
    the plastic pumpkins for the heads - we will fill them with
    goodies closer to the day. Only one of my friends have
    grandchildren and they will be getting the same thing.

My other major project is making 14 vests for the members of
    my Red Hat Society group - I'm the founding queen and wanted
    to do something really special for our first Christmas as a
    group. I'm using the fabrics from WalMart and embellishing
    them with ribbons, rhinestones and pearls.
    By using my serger I can construct 2 per day and then take
    twice that long to play at dolling them up!

Then to top off my busy list I couldn't resist the "NEED"
    for a poncho!!! I found the most gorgeous yarn at WalMart,
    its beige/tan with flecks of various blues. Think it will
    be perfect with denim!

Good luck to everyone on your projects and
    here's hoping you have a perfect holiday season.

HUGS - Jude, from KS

• loganhogan
    19 years ago

I did the candles one year with clear all over mailing lables. I scanned a picture of me at my first b'day and wrote a saying about surviving turning 35 with me and but the image on the labels and then on the candles and those were the favors at my 35th b'day party.
    Susan

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!