Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

lite bulb pumpkin

oddie
15 years ago

Took awhile to get my fall stuff out, but found one of the pumpkins made from the round fat bulbs I was talking about in a post that I have tried hard to find, but cant seem to, so who ever asked for a photo here it is.

they look cute in a basket ( without the cuteie face ) or hang on a wreath, or even a tree outdoors if sealed good.

oddie

Comments (13)

• shysue
    15 years ago

He is a cutie for sure! I have a lot of old bulbs. I might try painting a couple, but I as I don't paint, I'm not sure how they would turn out. You are an inspiration for me to try anyway. LOL

• donnas_gw
    15 years ago

oddie, he is soooo cute!!! He looks so innocent...wonder what he did??? LOL. I love the raffia around the top.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Very cute!! Love the nose & mouth! Raffia is cute addition. Amazing how a lightbulb can get personality, isn't it!!! Like how you displayed him! Jan

• leveta
    15 years ago

he is just too cute...What a sweet guy...

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

I was thinking of these bulbs when changing one in my bathroom wish I could have given it to you for your stash!!!

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Great job on your pumpkin light bulb. Fun Fun! You ladies are so talented and always inspire me to do more crafts. I started painting some of these so will try to get them posted when I finish.

• oddie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone! this little guy is from years ago, and all I have left, minnie I would have loved to had your bulb, have ten in my bathroom waiting, seems they wont burn out when you want them to LOL!
    shysue just give them a try you dont have to be a painter and they are so simple, I use markers and paint pens alot.
    donnas, I think he broke the other two bulbs I had in a box with him LOL!
    phonegirl would love to see yours, so many cute ones out there for ideas, agine thank you!
    oddie

• Cheri_C
    15 years ago

How cute. Love how you also did the leaves around him for his photo shoot. (that's what I tell my family when I'm taking pics of my things, my photo shoot)Thanks for sharing him with us.

• donnas_gw
    15 years ago

oddie, if you mess up using a paint pen, how do you take it off without removing the paint also? I have a permanent laundry pen and also one with a very fine point for drawing faces.

• oddie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks cheri_c I love doing photos to, lots to play with there, donnas not so sure the idea will work good for paint pens and marker, as they are a different type of paint, but when useing your regular craft paints and you want to stop or have finished a part spray a lite coat of matt finish and let dry, then when you go back to painting your iteam if you mess up just take a Qtip diped in alchol and do it soon as possible, you can remove the mistake without removeing the paint underneath, Luvs taught me that tip when I was painting suitecases, and it worked great, maybe try the pens and marker on something old.
    oddie

• donnas_gw
    15 years ago

"donnas not so sure the idea will work good for paint pens and marker, as they are a different type of paint"

oddie, you said you used markers and paint pens alot in one of your replies. What did you use them for, if not to draw the face?

• Jacquelyn
    15 years ago

So cute!

• oddie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I do use the paint pens and markers to draw faces and outline things like the stiching around the jug lite, puting words on iteams, anywhere I can not free hand paint,its the last thing I do and at this point I hold my breath because if I mess up then its very hard to fix without washing off all the paint, not sure alchol would remove the markers or the paint pens since its a different type of paint, but works when useing acrylic craft paints
    sorry Iam not a painter just a make do! hope this helps.
    thanks jacquelyn, good to see you posting agine, miss seeing all your beautiful crafting!
    oddie

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services