Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
painted eggs sealant?

Posted by calirose (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 9, 10 at 11:37

Some years ago at a craft show were painted eggs, the vendor stated that the eggs would not break but would not reveal the sealant used. (Don't blame him)

Anyone know what sealant could be used? My SIL raises fowl and I would like to make her some painted eggs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: painted eggs sealant?

Usually when eggs are painted the insides are blown out. You make 1 small hole & then on other side little larger hole & blow insides out, seems like you break the yolk 1st!WASH well or they will smell! Suppose you could fill it with something so it wouldn't break but plaster of Paris would break & concrete would be awfully hard to get in that little hole so maybe a resin??? Then any sealant would work. My painted objects usually get Krylon Clear sprayed on them. I haven't painted any eggs.

o
RE: painted eggs sealant?

Thanks, I hadn't thought about washing them after removing the egg from the shell. Seems so obvious now ;)

Anyone else with an idea?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here