Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need craft advice for rocks

Posted by phish (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 11, 13 at 11:17

I travel a lot and collect a lot of pretty rocks. Some are pea-sized, some are strawberry-sized (normal strawberries, not the ones full of hormones), some are kiwi-sized, possibly some as big as orange-sized. I need ideas for a craft to make with them or how to display them. I don't have a rock cutter. I'd love any ideas you have!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need craft advice for rocks

I have some polished small stones dad got at Wall Drug so I thought I would wrap them with gold colored 28 gauge wire with a loop on each end to use with colored glass beads in a bracelet or necklace. Other than that I don't know.

o

I love rocks and collect them wherever I go! I usually display the large ones in the garden, in a potted plant, or someplace like that. I use a nice small covered clear glass dish (like a covered candy dish?) with some beach sand in it and keep my small rocks and shells on the sand. :) I keep medium-sized rocks, like river rocks, in baskets that I make. And when I have a nice piece of sea-glass I weave it into a necklace! :)

o

Somewhere I had a book on painting on rocks. Not sure if I still have it or not. Lots of really cute ideas for all sizes. These usually are left outside in the garden area so you need the waterproof paints. You probably can go on line to find these books.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here