Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ivamae_gw

Questions about Potpourri ???

ivamae
14 years ago

I'm experimenting. I have a bunch of mid size baby food jars and I'm trying to use them for something for a bazaar.

I found seveal ideas on the net.

I bought both lemon and peach potpourri at a Dollar store and have crocheted little doilies. I want to put the potpourri in the jars, cover it with plastic film to hold in the scent for now, place a little doilie on top and tie with a bright ribbon, add a note saying to release the aroma to puncture the plastic film.

The pieces are quite large and there doesn't seem to be very much fragrance. I'm presuming though, that they are not meant to scent a whole room - just a drawer or some other small place.

Should I try to add something to this? I did get some oils that are really meant for candles and wondered about soaking a cotton ball with this and placing it in the jar, hidden by the rest of the potpourri. They aren't highly perfumed either and I'm suspicious that they need to be warmed to give off scent. Also I wondered if it would be best to crush the stuff into smaller pieces. Smaller would look better in the small jars I think.

I sure am open to any and all suggestions.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES